Chapter 53: Pandora's box

Start from the beginning

She peeped down holding the stair rail for support to be sure no one was in sight before she made for the kitchen.

She sighed in relief when she found the kitchen empty and moved towards the cabinet to make hot chocolate while bringing out a box of cookies and plunging it into the microwave.

All was going well for the night at least post dinner so far and Liz was counting her blessings. It didn't mean anything to her when she had to bend over to open the fridge after all she was alone and she had shorts under. What she didn't expect was the low groan she had coming from the kitchen doorway while she did that and she stood up quickly grabbing the almond milk only to see Alex standing at the doorway staring at her.

Liz let out a low hiss, suddenly irritated by his presence trying to put aside the sound he just made that just grossed her out.

"Can you make me one too?" He asked politely with a smile that on his face that made him looked a monkey in distress to her instead of cute.

"No." She didn't want to elongate or explain one word was enough.  Liz concentrated on what she was doing pouring the almond milk into a small pot and finally stirring in a chocolate stick the way she liked it. His eyes followed her movements and it made her feel like ants where creeping up her body. The microwave dinged but she didn't move to attend to it.

"I'll get that for you." He offered moving towards the microwave.

"No, thank you." She responded sharply, she could see easily through his light mullato skin and she was sure she didn't like him especially with how rude he was at dinner and the Jadesola thing.

He could pass off as good looking if you were judging facial standards but contrary to most beliefs even the devil is handsome the thing is what lays inside its ugly and dirty to the core.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier, it really isn't in my nature, I was just stressed and somehow I lost it." Alex began offering his ancestors an apology, which she didn't ask for or need so it belonged to his ancestors, Liz was sure of that.

Instead Liz turned to stare at him reading him intensely and muttered, "you have nothing to apologise to me for."

She poured the mixture into a cup and added a little drizzle of honey, somehow she was craving something sweet and moved towards the microwave to retrieve her cookie. Alex who had vacated his former position was learning against the wooden counter top few metres from where she had to stretch to the microwave.

Liz didn't have to try hard to look irritated, her face was already contorted into a frown and she passed him making sure that she avoided his feet's he stretched carelessly that took even more space. Thank God for the spacious kitchen, she then stretched a little on her toes to retrieve the plate of cookies since the microwave was installed in a higher above sink cabinet.

It was like the next events that happened felt like time paused or got fast forwarded.

One minute there was a plate of cookies her hand the next minute the plate was flying to the ground making a large sound as  her hand made a cup shape and aimed for his neck jamming into his carotid area where the pulse is being felt. Liz's knee swung on their own volition to where Alex's prized jewels slept between his thighs making sure that she brought so much impact with her knee that brought him pain he cried out.

As he shouted in pain she squeezed his carotid artery tighter making it difficult for him to breathe. It was almost like she was possessed or she went directly into survival mode.

It felt like her blood froze when she felt his hands caressing her buttocks when she reached for the cookie.

Years of abuse had thought her to learn to defend herself alongside years of self defence classes, kick boxing, training with Jason.