chapter 3 part 1 of 5

hey guys i honestely was not going to update this week cause im studying for midterms next week but i made time im not sure ill update next week cause ill be tired but ill try my best so heres chapter 3 enjoy

“What is going on here?” Regina asked as she peered inside. She did not dare step into the room, with all those mice crawling about. “Having a party Ruby? I see your bag is just as filled as it was when we left.”

“That so?” asked Devlin. “Well you are going to pay for it! Regina darling, will you please pass me the broom? Thank you.”

After plotting a kiss onto her cheek, he slowly swept the trapped mice into a corner. Then, he moved towards Ruby and lifted the broom, and brought it down on her head. Ruby shrieked, and covered her head with her hands. Devlin called for Regina, who she carefully made her way over. She grabbed Ruby’s hands and held them down firmly. Ruby turned to her feet, and kicked around violently. Regina swiftly tied down her hands, and then held down her feet, keeping Ruby’s face down. That gave Devlin the capability to strike her back, which Devlin did immediately. He rather enjoyed hearing her screams, as did Regina. As soon as he stopped, Ruby struggled to get off. Devlin chuckled at her attempts. “Don’t think we will let you out. Congratulations. You have earned yourself another day in this room. This time, we will tie you down to the bed, and bring in company for you. You will have everything, mice, snakes, scorpions, you name it!”

Ruby shuddered at the thought, and stopped squirming. That gave Devlin the chance to untie her arms and, with the help of Regina, he flipped her over, and retied her down, both arms and legs. Then, he stepped back, admiring her work. That’s when he noticed the window. “Oh look, Regina! We have a broken window in the room! I’ll start fixing it right now!”

Devlin quickly got to work, replacing the screen and adding bars across the window. He did this quickly, and then returned to the cottage, carrying two big dog carriers. He set them onto the floor and said, “Come Regina. We should leave before I open the cages.”

“But wait Devlin. Don’t we want Ruby to be comfortable? We forgot one very comfortable thing!” she rushed out to get something. She came back with a big pot, and she was wearing pot holders because of its heat. As she opened the lid, steam greeted her, revealing the steaming pieces of coal. Quickly, she and Devlin stuck them all between her mattress and her back, watching her scream with pain. Finally, they were done. As they left, Devlin unlocked the cages and opened them a little. Then, he smiled to Ruby and left the room, locking the door behind him. Poor Ruby lay in both pain and fear, as the animals began to crawl out of their cages. Ruby screamed until she could scream no more, and cried until she could cry no more. Finally, out of fear, exhaustion, and pain, she fainted.

**********************************