chapter 8 part 5 of 5

If that is what will get you to stop whining, I’ll make it,” Ruby teased. “You, sir, though will have to help. You can gather all the materials, since I have no idea where anything is. Meg, you can start cutting up vegetables for the omelet and cracking eggs.”

“Well, I don’t know where anything is either, but I’ll figure it out,” Charlie said seriously.

For the next hour, everyone worked on preparing their breakfast. After everyone finished eating, Ruby cleared the table.

“So Meg, after Ruby finishes, you up for that basketball game?” Charlie asked.

“You mean am I ready to beat you? Always am,” she said with a smile.

“Thankfully I loaded the dishwasher, and am already done,” Ruby said. “Let’s go.”

Charlie led them to the basketball court, where Meg’s jaw dropped open. “This is heaven!” she quickly began her warm-ups, eager to get started. She didn’t even notice that Charlie and Ruby didn’t even bother to warm up. Charlie got the ball and waited patiently for Meg to finish. Once she was done, she turned to Charlie.

“Okay, since I am a boy and am obviously the better player, let’s play girls vs. boys,” he said.

“Count me out. I don’t know a thing about basketball,” Ruby said.

“Okay, if that’s what you want. Ready Meg?” Charlie asked.

“Well, I am facing a boy, and he is obviously the best player, so I am a little intimidated,” She said, winking at Ruby, who smiled at her. Ruby took the ball, and threw the ball to them. The game had begun.

hey guys so this was chapter 8 i hope u enjoyed it plz comment plz

hows this if i get atleast 5 comments then i will update earlier bye