epilogue

hey guys so this is the epilogue hope u enjoy 

Ten Years Later

It was the tenth anniversary of Darcy's death. Ruby woke up bright and early and wore the special dress she only wore when she visited Darcy. She tied her hair into a bun and didn't even bother with makeup. Then, quiet as a moth, she cautiously left the house, careful for her health. Following what had become a yearly tradition for Ruby, she walked down the graveyard. She had daisies with her, which was Darcy's favorite flower. She set them on the ground near the grave.

"I'm back, Darcy. I'm sure you are doing fine right? Many things have changed since you left us. As I've told you before, Meg moved in with my uncle and me as my adopted sister. I've never seen my stepparents, and life was fairly well. Meg, Charlie, and I all graduated from college, and we moved on with our lives. If you were alive, you would be twenty two now. I'm sorry I didn't shed any tears last time I came. I guess what they say is true. Time heals all, though I still always think about you, and relive what little memories I have. You won't be forgotten for a very long time. I visit your parents occasionally, and they became like my parents as we got closer. Your mother and father are doing very well. They have changed a lot, but you will always be their baby girl, always close to their hearts. Charlie asked me to send you his regards and his love, since he couldn't quite make it. I really should get going now, especially since I tire easily, with my health like this and all. I promise you though, next time I come, I'll bring a companion or two. An old friend and a miracle. Until next time, my dear Darcy, and don't forget to send my love to my parents for me."

And with that, Ruby slowly made her way back home. She sat on the couch, remembering the days she was enslaved. Those days were long past her now, and she only remembered the good parts now.

That night, Ruby stood on her balcony and stared out into the night. The full moon was shining brightly, illuminating the dark garden beneath. Darcy's presence was very strong, and despite feeling weak after what she just went through, Ruby felt very happy. She felt Darcy in the movement of the wind, in the smell of the flowers, and in the light of the moon. But most of all, she felt Darcy's presence fill up her arms. She looked up as Charlie placed their newborn baby into her arms, and she began to cry joyful tears.

Ruby hugged the baby close and looked up at Charlie's face. Without speaking, they had made a decision. The baby would be named Darcy; so they could remember.

so that's it for this story hoped u guys liked it and thank u for everyone that stuck with this story since the beginning i love u all :) <3