chapter 13

hey guys it has been 22 days I am really annoyed and sad that no one decided to comment I mean is one little comment going to hurt u the only reason I'm updating is because @SophieElleBeer talked to me and told me to update so guys thank her or else I really wouldn't have update this update is for her so here goes enjoy the next chapter

Charlie unlocked his front door and stepped inside, flipping on the lights. He walked up the stairs, his mind on Ruby. 'There must be some sort of solution,' he thought as he stood by his bedroom door. Only then did he stop for a minute. Something didn't feel right. It seemed too quiet. Yes, he lived alone in the house, so he expected it to be quiet. But this was a strange quiet, one that made the hairs on his neck straighten. He shook these silly thoughts out of his head, trying to stop scaring himself, and then opened his bedroom door. Little did he know what he was about to face.

**************************

The next day at school, Charlie did not come. Ruby was really worried, since he never was absent. By the end of the day, she couldn't think about anything else. She approached Meg with her problem, who simply told her that he must be sick.

"But it is not like Charlie to stay home even if he was sick. Maybe something is wrong. The least we could do is go check on him. Better to be safe than sorry, right?" Ruby insisted so much the Meg had to agree. Ruby rushed her so much that they were quick to reach his house, and she was surprised to spot three cars in the driveway. Ruby rang the doorbell so much that Meg had to grab her hand to stop her. Once the door opened, Ruby was shocked to see his mother there.

"Mr. Baker? What are you doing here?" Ruby blurted, and then quickly regretted her rudeness. "I'm sorry. I-"

"No no, it's fine. It's because we are never home right?" Mr. Baker attempted to smile. "How have you been Ruby? I haven't seen you in a while. A long while actually. And who is this?"

"I'm good. This is Meg, our new friend," Ruby said. "But there is no time for small talk now. Where is Charlie?"

Mr. Baker's face fell. "He disappeared. That's why my wife and I returned."

"What do you mean disappeared?" Ruby asked, alarmed even more.

"Well, this is hard to say. We just know that the police received a phone call that told them our son was kidnapped, and we came back, and he was gone!" Mr. Baker explained, the tears filling his eyes.

No, there's got to be some kind of mistake. He can't just disappear!" Ruby started to cry and ran past Mr. Baker. She ran past a surprised Mrs. Baker on the staircase and went up to Charlie's room.

"Charlie? Where are you hiding? Everyone thinks you are missing. Please come out. Please!" Ruby cried. She threw herself onto his bed, crying harder.

"Are you okay, Rue?" Meg asked, coming into the room. She sat next to her and patted her back. "Come on Rue. Everything will be all right. I promise. He will be back soon."

"Then why did he leave?" Ruby asked.