chapter 9 part 1 of 2

hey guys

 im so sorry this chapter is soooo short but again thats how we already had it written as so i cant do anything about it so heres the next chapter enjoy😊

As Charlie caught the ball, Meg swooped up and stole it. Surprised, Charlie ran after her to steal it back, but it was too late. She had made a shot. He took the ball and went towards his own hoop, but Meg quickly stole the ball again and then scored. It seemed like every time Charlie touched the ball, Meg was quick to steal it. Charlie ran around the court following Meg, trying to grab the ball, but she wouldn’t let him near her. The more goals Meg made, the angrier and more embarrassed Charlie got. Finally, Charlie called it quits and slumped down in a lawn chair, drinking a whole water bottle at once. Meg came up to him and said, “You can’t really be quitting now Charl? You are an amazing player. Get back on the court, Baker.”

“You win Meg. The game is over,” Charlie said, looking away from her.

“Really? How come the best player is quitting? I really thought you were just going easy on me,” She joked.

“I hope you know that I don’t like to lose,” Charlie said.

“How about loser treats winner and Co for ice cream?” she asked, looked at Ruby.

“Fine fine. Just let me change and shower first,” Charlie surrendered. “You guys can do whatever you want while you wait.”

“I knew mentioning food would get him to stop whining,” Meg told Ruby, and Charlie heard her.

“Again with the food, Meg?” Charlie asked.

“Oops. Sorry! You weren’t supposed to hear that,” Meg smiled sweetly, but he just glared at her.

After Charlie left, Meg and Ruby explored the outside of his house. They ran into many different areas, such as a soccer field, a tennis court, and a swimming pool with a diving board.

“Wow,” said Meg. “Charlie sure is lucky. I wish I could live here.”

“I know,” Ruby agreed.

“After Charlie treats us to ice cream, let’s go swimming!” Meg suggested. Since Ruby didn’t object, Meg took her answer as a yes. Nobody knew Ruby couldn’t swim, and she felt too embarrassed to say anything. After a while, Charlie came back after a while and found them lying in the grass.

“What did you guys do while I was gone?” He asked.

“Oh we just walked around,” Meg said. “How about we go swimming after our treat?”

“Oh that’s a great idea,” Charlie agreed. “We can eat our ice cream by the pool and then go swimming.”

“Alright,” Meg said, and then she turned to Ruby. “Are you okay? You haven’t said a word all day.”

“Yeah guys, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me,” Ruby said.

“Are you sure?” Charlie asked, now worried.

“Positive,” She said.

***************************************