chapter 8 part 3 of 5

Nope it sounds good to me; though I think ill skip the snack. I’m stuffed!” Meg exclaimed.

“Alright Meg. Last one there is a sore loser!” Charlie shouted as he began to run.

“Not fair! You got a head start and besides, you actually know where your house is! And being dark outside isn’t really helping much!”

She received a chuckle for an answer, so she ignored him and tried to focus on outrunning Ruby. “I’m just going easy on you.”

Meg panted, “No…need...f…for….that.” Ruby smiled and sped up, leaving Meg far behind. Shortly, Meg arrived at Charlie’s house, where she found Ruby and Charlie waiting for her.

“Nice to see that you actually came,” Charlie joked.

“The basketball game will be my revenge. Take my word for it,” Meg challenged.

“I accept your challenge, you will be defeated!” Charlie responded. “Um in the morning that is. Let me show you to the bedroom you girls could share while I make myself a snack.”

Meg giggled and said, “Alright, Mr. Eats A Lot.”

Charlie stared at her and shook his head. Without saying a word, he led them into his house. 

The next morning, Ruby woke up at the same time as Meg did. They both rushed downstairs to the kitchen, and were not surprised to find Charlie already there.

“Woke up hungry?” Meg asked him.

“Good morning to you too,” he replied.

“Well, I assumed after that huge dinner you ate last night, you wouldn’t be hungry,” she told him.

“Huge? All I had was a hamburger, some fries, a bottle of soda, an ice cream sundae for dessert, and 3 slices of pizza for a midnight snack,” he reminded her.

“Oh yes, that sounds like a snack to me,” Meg said sarcastically.

“Well, a growing boy has to eat. Anyway, what would you like to eat, Ruby? I have to warn you though, I don’t know how to make much,” Charlie admitted.

“Don’t worry about me. I know how to make food. Just tell me what you want and ill make it,” She told him.