chapter 14

hey guys ya its midnight I know I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep so  was like let me just update so here goes this is the next chapter hope u  enjoy

Charlie opened his eyes and looked around. He was sitting outside someplace, and there was no sign of life as far as he could see. He tried to get up, but realized he was tied to a tree. Before he could react, a tall figure appeared from nowhere and walked up to him.

"Well, well, well," The man said. "You are finally awake. Your father is going to have to pay a fine price to get you back."

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" interrogated Charlie.

The man kneeled down and patted his head. "Feisty little boy, aren't you?" he asked with a chuckle. He pulled out a cigarette and lit it, taking in a deep breath before exhaling it into Charlie's face. He smiled at the sight of his victim coughing.

"You are worthless in my eyes. I wouldn't even pay $50 for you. Let's just hope your father is willing to pay 15 million by tomorrow morning."

Charlie stared at him, dumbfounded. How was his father going to get 15 million dollars by tomorrow? That seemed impossible. Suddenly, Charlie smelled a wonderful aroma; it was the smell of a turkey sandwich. His stomach growled, and the man looked up. "Hungry aren't you? Well, good thing I brought this delicious turkey sandwich stuffed with crispy lettuce, juicy tomato, and melted cheese all on soft, yummy bread. And of course, don't forget the cold, sparkling water."

The man began to eat slowly, achieving his goal in making Charlie hungrier. Charlie groaned and closed his eyes. Maybe if he went to sleep, he would wake up from this horrible dream.

*************************

Charlie woke up to the sound of rope being cut. It was dark, so he couldn't see much, but he could see the kidnapper sleeping beyond they fire he made to warm himself. He struggled to turn around and find out who was behind him. When he felt the ropes around him fall, he quickly jumped up and turned around. Charlie stared at him, and then slowly backed away. The man grabbed his hand and covered Charlie's mouth with his other hand. "Don't scream or talk. You don't want to wake your kidnapper. Now come with me, but walk quickly and quietly." The man then removed his hand.

"No I will not go with anyone. Leave me alone," Charlie struggled to get away.

"I am trying to help you. Believe me, I am a friend," the man said. Charlie stared closer at him, and felt he looked familiar.

"I can't trust you. Leave me alone!" Charlie began to yell.

"Shhh. You have to be quiet. I know you don't know who I am, and you have every right not to trust me, but we have to get away now before that man wakes up!" the man urged.

"No way will I go anywhere with you," Charlie insisted.

"Ruby is worried sick. She really needs your help, so you need to get home now! She is in trouble, and Meg can't help her alone," the man told him.