chapter 22

hey guys this is the last chapter next week ill post the epilogue and then the story will be over 

"Ruby. Ruby, wake up," Ruby opened her eyes, and she found none other than Charlie standing above her. "Are you alright?"

"How did you find me?"

"I searched everywhere for you. I was really worried, and I didn't know where I was even going. What is this place?"

"Darcy and I used to come here and play when we were little. It was our secret clubhouse."

"Ruby, why did you leave?"

"Because Charlie. They were right. It's all my fault that Darcy died. If it wasn't for me, then this would have never happened to her."

"Oh no, it's not your fault."

"I wish you were right, but you aren't."

"Well, could you at least come back with me?"

"I don't know if I can face everyone."

"Please Rue. Come with me."

"Okay," She said, standing. She looked outside and saw that it was dark. "Was I really gone for that long?"

"Yes you were. Come on," he said, taking her hand. Before they left, Ruby grabbed the album she was flipping through before and took it with her. It was the only personal item of theirs that remained in the room. After they left for a minute, they heard a huge crash behind them. They turned around, and saw that a huge branch had fallen on the house, destroying it. Ruby's face crumbled, but Charlie urged her to move along. He led her all the way back to the church, where Darcy's parents were. When they saw Ruby, they went up and hugged her.

"We are so sorry we said those things," They said. "We didn't mean it."

"It's okay," Ruby told them. She handed them the album. "Here I think Darcy would want you to have this." They both thanked her, and together, they all returned to Charlie's house, where everyone was gathered. When they spotted her, everyone rushed to hug her. Then, Mrs. Baker brought out some drinks, and they had a small celebration party for the arrest of Devlin and Regina, but made sure to remember Darcy throughout the night.