chapter 4 part 1 of 4

hey guys sorry for not updating on thursday but i didnt get comments and i was just going to update next week but i just saw how much reads i have and i was like OMG cause 3 days ago it was 75 and now its 150 i honestly thought no one was going to read this im sorry for not updating but i really need to know what u guys think so plz comment im not going to force u guys

sorry this chapter is kind of short well here we go enjoy

“Hey guys! Wait up!” cried Meg as she ran quickly to catch up to Charlie and Ruby, out of breath. “I have a question. Since I’m new here, I don’t really feel like going home. Can I come home with you Ruby?”

Ruby and Charlie stopped in their tracks and exchanged glances uneasily. Unfortunately, Meg spotted them too, and her face fell. “Oh, maybe not. I’m sorry. For… you know.” Her face turned red with embarrassment.

“Meg, wait!” Ruby called to her, and Meg turned around, combing her long, black hair with her hands. “It’s not what you think! It’s just…”

“No, no I understand,” Meg interrupted. “See you guys around.”

Ruby watched her go. She then sighed and started walking again. “Now I feel bad,” Ruby said.

“It’s only fair,” Charlie comforted. “Now let’s focus on our issue. You can’t go home. What if your stepparents do something to you?”

“I’m used to them.”

“You can’t give up, Ruby.”

“I’m not. I just don’t have any other choice.”

“Stand up for yourself.”

“There’s no point in that.”

“We have to try.”

“What can we do?”

“How about you come over to my place for the night?”

“Only if I want to get in trouble with my stepparents again.”

“Oh I didn’t think of that. Even though they don’t have any right to do that to you.”

“Well, life isn’t fair. I have to go Charlie before my stepparents get mad. See you tomorrow I hope!”

“Bye.”

Ruby rushed to get home in time, yet she got home to angry stepparents. “How did you get out?”

“I just found it open, and I thought you did that for me,” Ruby lied.

“Don’t lie to us!” her stepfather yelled. “How did you get out?”

Ruby shrugged and he slapped her.