chapter 7 part 1 of 4

hey guys by the way the person, my friend who wrote this with me is rosycheeks420

heres chapter 7 enjoy

Standing near the mansion, Ruby double checked to make sure the coast was clear. Then, she snuck into the cottage, glad to find it unlocked. She quickly ushered two people inside, and after promising them to be back by midnight, she left.

Meg and Charlie were left alone in the cottage. They studied the room, though there was nothing in there to study. The plain white walls and the old wooden floor along with the small metal bed made the room look like a prison. There was only one small window on the wall, and the bed only had a dirty, shabby blanket on it. Not even a pillow. Meg turned to Charlie and said, “Wow. This is… much worse than the orphanage. And that is saying something.”

“Would you believe that this is my first time here?” Charlie asked.

“Yes I would,” she replied. “This bed isn’t even comfortable. Poor Ruby.”

“I know,” Charlie agreed. “Right now it’s 3:45, so we have about 8 hours to suffer in this room. Good thing I brought snacks!”

“Is that all you ever care about?” Meg asked playfully. We can eat later, and we should save Ruby a snack. She needs this food more than us. Besides, I’m used to going for long times without food. Considering you come from a rich family, I’m sure you never have to worry about anything.”

“Hey! Just because I’m rich doesn’t mean my family is perfect. My parents are never home since they are always traveling. At least that give me an excuse to come here,” Charlie told her.

“Okay forget this topic, let’s talk about something more important,” she said suddenly sitting up.

“Like what?”Charlie asked.

“Like how we can help Ruby,” Meg answered.

“We can reread the letter, since you didn’t read it before and then move from that,” Charlie said. “But Ruby has the letter so we have to wait until she comes back.”

“Okay then let’s play a game,” Meg said, with a twinkle in her eyes.

“What game?” Charlie asked.

“How about we ask each other questions and then answer it without lying.”

“Whatever. That won’t be a problem since I don’t even lie,” Charlie said.

“That’s good to know,” Meg smiled. “Okay you can start.

“Um alright. What did your parents work as?”

“My mom didn’t work and my dad was a teacher. What do you do when your parents aren’t home?

“I play basketball in our court. What is your favorite color?”

“Pink. What is yours?”

“Blue. Do you like our school?”

“It’s okay. Do you have any crushes?”