chapter 6 part 1of 4

hello guys im updating today cause tommorow im going to be busy finishing a project for school

heres chapter 6 enjoy:)

Lunch time finally came, and the students knew to keep their distance from Ruby for a little. She found her way to the willow tree and sat by Charlie. He had arrived earlier because Mrs. Marigold had wanted to talk to her. He held out a brown bag for her, and inside of it was a bagel with cream cheese and an apple. Ruby smiled gratefully and ate quickly. They both sat quietly, enjoying the silence.

“Hi guys. Can I sit here?” Meg asked, coming from behind them.

“Sure Meg, “Ruby smiled and moved over.

“Sorry about yesterday. It’s just that-” Ruby started.

“It’s ok. You don’t have to apologize. I understand, “Meg said, giving her a hug.

Thanks,” Ruby said. “You are the best.”

“Hey! I thought I was the best,” Charlie pretended to be hurt.

“Charlie baker, are you jealous??” Ruby asked, grinning.

“No! I have no reason to be jealous of her! ” He said, with a twinkle in his eye that told Meg he was joking. “It’s just that I’m so used to you calling me the best. Not anyone else. Just me.”

“Okay case closed. You are definitely jealous,” Ruby laughed.

“So I’m not the best?” Charlie wondered.

“No you are,” Ruby assured him.

“Hey!” Meg exclaimed.