Chapter 59: Angels?

Începe de la început

"Damn it! stop dodging my attacks!" Terrence growled as he tried to hit Jouzu with his sword, "slow down a bit will ya!?"

Jouzu could only smile wryly as he effortlessly evaded the continuous and rapid swipes that were coming in front of him. Though the sparring has been going on for a few minutes, he has yet to use his sword to block or parry Terrence's strikes.

"Oops, grace period is over." He said as he began to switch from defense to offense.

Like a little kid who got terrified Terrence stammered in panic, "T-That's unfair Sir Jouzu!"

In just a few seconds, Jouzu quickly changed the tide of their fight and was now overwhelming Terrence with his quick and strong attacks. Though his storm of swings and swipes were at the easiest as he could do, it still proved too much for Terrence as the boy struggled to defend against the unrelenting strikes that he was receiving.

Back on Nimbus and Zerti, the two were engaged in a lock as Zerti's strike failed to make Nimbus budge for even a centimeter.

Zerti took a quick step back to disengage the lock huffing and puffing as he catched his breath. Nimbus however was taking it easy and stood still on the same place with a proud smirk.

"Tough isn't it?" Nimbus said as he put one hand on his hip while the other one tapped the shield, "it maybe just a simple, rusty iron shield but the one you're currently facing is the best defender among the defenders! any shield would do as long as I hold it with these hands of mine and I won't allow anyone break through my impenetratable and impregnable defense!"

Zerti remained silent and focused on recovering his fatigue, he never thought that he'd go all out in just a simple sparring. His stamina was almost completely drained just by trying to land a single hit on Nimbus' body and he gritted his teeth for that one as he has yet to hit Nimbus.

However that wasn't the thing that concerns him. What concerns him is that even though he had used all of his skills and strength to strike Nimbus' shield, there were still no dents or even the smallest of scratches in that shield. It felt to him like that rusty iron shield was an invincible shield that would remain in perfect condition no matter how many strikes would it receive.

"Oh you're wondering about why the shield is still in perfect condition don't you?" Nimbus smiled as he knocked on the shield, "not like I can tell you the secret behind it but let's just say that i'm really good at receiving and lessening the impacts... Oh, I just told it didn't I?" he laughed on his own mistake.

"Well how about I should do the attacking now? i'm not on the same par with Jouzu in terms of offensive prowess but I am confident in my offense."

Zerti quickly fixed his posture as he heard Nimbus' words and then before he knew it, Nimbus has already began attacking him.

All of this happened in just one yet grueling and long minute. Zerti and Terrence were struggling against their instructors as they taught them lessons as well as give them actual combat experience on both defense and offense. Though far from his promise to the Division Leaders that he would give the duo hell, Jouzu still gave them the hardest sessions he could do, of course he could raise it to hell if he wanted to but with the two's situation right now it would be a guaranteed overkill so he decided to tone it down by a bunch and let them adjust later.

"Alright, that should be enough. Everyone we're taking a 15-minute break!" Jouzu announced.

As they heard him, Zerti and Terrence immediately dropped onto the ground while heaving. Drops of sweat were dripping all over their body as they lied down to the grass struggling to catch their breath.