OVA #10: Tales of Centoria Vol. 2

The next day, Kiba and the others regrouped back at the Hyoudou Manor, another round of Kiba's and Y/N's "Tales of Centoria."

Kiba: So more stories, correct?

Xenovia: (nods) Yes. I would like to know certain battles that took place.

Kiba: Hmm. I guess I can start when Y/N dueled Volo Levantain as punishment.

Issei: Volo Levantain?

Kiba: When me and Y/N were primary trainees at the academy, Volo was the first seat at the time.

Irina: But you said he was punished?

Kiba: (chuckles) Yeah. It was pretty stupid of him. It happened right after he got his new sword. He said he was going to do some practice swings. How it happened was, Y/N had messed up on activating a skill and it caused him to slip, flinging mud on Volo's uniform.

Irina: And w-what was his punishment...?

Kiba: Well...

Flashback

Eugeo and Sortiliena were heading to the dueling grounds as Kirito's punishment was about to take place.

Kirito: When did word spread so fast?

Eugeo: (bursts through doors) Kirito!

Kirito: Huh?

Eugeo: What did you do?

Kirito: (rubs back of head) Well...

Eugeo: (sighs and sweat drops) No...the fact that you didn't get into any trouble for a year is a miracle in itself. 

Kirito: (thumbs up) As expected of my partner!

Sortiliena: Lord Levantain! What's the meaning of this?

Volo Levantain was fairly tall man with fair skin and a blonde buzz cut. Volo grins as he grips his sword.

Volo: Your page was a bit disrespectful to me. Since I didn't feel that it warranted a serious punishment, I intend to settle things by sparring with real swords.

Sortiliena: What did you say?

Kirito: I'm sorry for worrying you, Senpai. I'll be fine! In fact, I'm honored to get the chance to spar with the first seat.

Sortiliena: Kirito...what are the rules of your duel?

Kirito: Eh? Since we're using real swords, wouldn't that be stop-short?

Volo: Oh, I forgot to mention something. I don't do stop-short fights. All of my personal matches end when one side takes the first point.

Sortiliena: Kirito has never fought a match with real swords!

Volo: Yes. Of course, this match can't happen without both out consent. If you refuse, we'll have no choice but to go with stop-short. I'm going to let you choose, Trainee Kirito.

Sortiliena: Don't do it, Kirito. Volo's powerful. It's too dangerous.

Kirito: (smirks) I'll leave the method up to you, Lord Levantain. After all, I'm the one being punished.

With it decided to be the person who gets the first point, the two swordsmen go to their respective sides. Volo practices a few swings before the match started and Sortiliena went to give Kirito a few pieces of advice.

Sortiliena: Kirito.

Kirito: Liena-senpai.

Sortiliena: Kirito, I believe in your strength. Since I believe in your strength, I'll teach you something. There's a family rule hidden within Volo's Levantain family. "Soak this sword in the blood of the mighty. Doing so will make their own power your own."