Chapter 7: The Past

It's been a few days since Issei's victory against Riser. Y/N has been trying to figure out how he's going to tell Kiba and Issei that he was still alive, but he just didn't know how. His mother's advice was to tell them, but Y/N never really thought of a plan. For now, he just settled on watching the two from afar. He felt a strong magical presence behind him and he saw that it was Vali.

Y/N: What do you want?

Vali: Is it wrong to check up on a friend?

Y/N: Last time I checked, we were acquaintances. You said it yourself. Why are you really here?

Vali: Merely just to observe my rival of course. Never thought he was this weak.

Vali was right though. Issei was weak compared to him or Vali. In fact, the way Issei is now, he is considered as the weakest Red Dragon Emperor in existence.

Y/N: Well you're not wrong. He is the weakest of all the Red Dragon Emperors in existence.

Vali: Honestly, our battle will be quite boring. If anything, you would be a more interesting match up if you had the sacred gear.

Y/N: If you have no job for me, then there's nothing to talk about.

Vali: Whatever. Ophis's offer still stands.

Y/N: You can tell that flat ass bitch I'm not taking it. I told her many times already.

Vali: Is that so? Well, the next time she comes and visits, it won't be a pleasant one.

Vali flies off and Y/N only stares at the spot Vali once was.

Y/N: (thoughts) Issei...where you are now...you won't last against Vali. Not even a second.

Y/N looks back to the school and sees that all the students are leaving. He might as well retire for the day.

With Issei

The ORC were having their annual cleaning of the old school house so they decided to hold their meeting at Issei's house. Currently, they were all viewing Issei's book of memories as it contained many photos of him as a child.

Rias and Asia were ogling at the pictures of the small perverted boy. Kiba was viewing the more family album. The ones that Issei spent with his friends and family. He was jealous to say the least. He never really felt the comfort of a family. The only one close to him was Y/N and the other children during his time in the Holy Sword Project. As he scrolled through the pictures, he came across a certain picture. He saw that there was a holy sword in the background and he was angered by it, but was shocked about the people in the picture. Of course there was Issei, but there was a chestnut haired kid with violet eyes. But one kid caught his eye. 

Kiba: (thoughts) That appearance...it can't be. Is that Y/N? He did tell me that one of his good friends growing up was a pervert. I just didn't expect it to be Issei.

Kiba smiled at the picture. Y/N looked happy in it. He had his arms wrapped around the other two kids with a cheeky grin on his face. Kiba noticed that the chestnut haired kid had a slight blush on her face. Kiba knew she was a girl as Y/N had told him about his crush on her, but never got the chance to tell her.

Issei: Goodness gracious, why did you have to dig these out, mom?

Kiba: She's a good mother.

Issei: Yeah right!

Kiba: (sad smile) It must be nice to have a family.

Issei: Oh yeah, Kiba, do you...

Kiba: Hey, Issei-kun...this photo here...