Chapter 9: Kokabiel

After a small spar between the two friends, Kiba and Y/N met up with Issei, Saji, Koneko, and the church duo at a nearby fountain. Apparently they wanted to help them retrieve the Excalibur swords and possibly destroy them. Y/N was fine with the help of the church duo, Kiba on the other hand wasn't too thrilled about the idea.

Kiba: I see...but it is unfortunate that we have to get the approval to destroy an Excalibur from its wielders.

Y/N: Yeah.

Xenovia: Your words are full of contempt. I heard you left the Gremory's, "senpai." (looks to Y/N) And why are you helping him?

Y/N: You know damn well why I'm helping him.

Xenovia: No matter, (looks to Kiba) if you're a stray, I can slay you right here.

Y/N: (puts hand on Elucidator) Try and lift you're blade. I dare you.

Kiba: That is one idea. (produces magic circle)

Issei: Come on guys! Calm down! Let's not fight before we've even done anything.

Xenovia: Both of your hatred towards the Holy Sword Project is understandable.

Y/N: Understandable? They murdered everyone I considered family...

Kiba: (puts hand on Y/N's shoulder) Y/N, calm down.

Y/N: Tch.

Xenovia: It is an affair that we abhor. That is why the leader of the project was deemed a heretic and was exiled.

Y/N: Fine...I won't destroy the Holy Swords...

Xenovia/Irina: Huh?

Y/N: Instead, bring me Valper Galilei. His head will roll.

Xenovia: He had a stray exorcist as his assistant.

Y/N: Freed...

Xenovia: It is common for exiles to work together. (looks to Y/N) We'll bring Valper to you. Just so long as you don't destroy the blades.

Y/N: Just bring me him. I'll take his life and show him the suffering we did for that ungrateful bastard.

Everyone aside from Kiba was shocked to hear Y/N say that. The one question ran through their minds, what kind of experiments did they put them through in order for them to hate that man?

Kiba: If Valper is involved, I have no reason to refuse you're offer.

Xenovia: Now that's settled, we will repay you for the meal someday, Red Dragon Emperor, Issei Hyoudou. (walks off with Irina)

Issei: (sigh of relief) That worked out great, huh?

Saji: "Great" my ass! Never mind how we could've been chopped up, we could start a war between the church and the Devils!

Y/N: He is not wrong on that matter. Which is why I suggest you stay out of this Issei. This is a burden between Kiba and I.

Kiba: Y/N's right. I'd like you all not to take part in this. It is a burden we both share. It is our personal pursuit for vengeance.

Issei: But we're apart of the same peerage, family! (looks to Y/N) And you promised us we'd stick by each other's side. Naturally, that means the other way around too!

Y/N: I broke that promise years ago when I was taken. I'm sorry.

Issei: But we're friends aren't we!?

Kiba: You're not, but--

Issei: I'm not letting two good friends of mine go astray. I'm not the only one. All our friends will be upset too! You okay with that!?