Chapter 2: Sword Skills

Y/N still kept watch over Issei. As promised, Rias Gremory had taken in the perverted boy. Y/N was glad to say the least. His friend wasn't dead, but the one thing he wished was his pervert side died with his human self.

Issei was now a revived devil. A pawn to be exact. Then again, Y/N had felt a strong magical power within his pervert friend of his. He thought that one of the reasons why Rias had brought Issei back to life was maybe because of his powerful sacred gear. He couldn't complain though. He was just glad his friend is alive. He followed the boy to his school, asking his friends whether he remembered his "girlfriend," Yuuma Amano. They didn't remember obviously as the Fallen Angel had cast a spell that made these people forget. Y/N didn't forget though. He knew of the magic used and had precast a spell that wouldn't allow him to forget those memories.

The day continued on and Issei had went back to where he was previously at with Y/N tailing behind, but to make sure he wasn't seen. While walking, Issei had something on his mind.

Issei: (thoughts) That couldn't have been real...right? Not only that, the guy that showed up. He seemed so familiar. His voice was familiar too. Who was that guy?

Issei was knocked out of his thoughts as a barrier was put up. Although Issei was a new devil, he didn't know much about magic. A Fallen Angel then came in. It was a gruff man in a trench coat with a stalker's hat. His name was Dohnaseek.

Y/N had done some odd jobs with him. One consisted of stealing a stray devil's tooth. It was an odd one that Y/N decided not to question. Before Dohnaseek could kill him, Y/N had decided to step in. But of course, Y/N had his hood on so Issei couldn't identify him.

Y/N: That's enough, Dohnaseek.

Dohnaseek: Ah, the Black Swordsman. What a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?

Y/N: Got a contract to eliminate this perverted stray devil. While normally I wouldn't accept a job with a low pay, this one was a pervert and I never really liked them.

Issei: (thoughts) Are you kidding me!? This guy is going to kill me all because I'm a pervert!?

Dohnaseek: My apologies. I didn't realize you had contract to kill this devil. I shall be going now. But first, (charges up light lance) I'll give him something to remember me by. (releases light lance)

Dohnaseek had left and Issei had been pierced by the light lance. Then again, most would run when they see this so called "Black Swordsman." Y/N had made a name for himself and rose to the top of the mercenary ranks. He was cunning and sly. Y/N could manipulate his way through, especially when the pay he's receiving isn't to his liking.

After Dohnaseek left, Y/N ran to Issei's side. Issei got a clear view of Y/N's face. but couldn't think of who it was. Issei knew he looked familiar. He couldn't put his mind to work as he was dying. Y/N on the other hand thought he could convince Dohnaseek to leave, hoping he'd spare him thanks to his standing as one of the top mercenaries.

Y/N saw the Gremory crest appear and knew that Rias's peerage was coming. He quickly left a note saying it was Dohnaseek. Though he didn't want Rias to get the wrong idea so he quickly left the scene and watched from afar. He watched as the Gremory girl had picked up Issei's dying body again. She ordered the rest of her peerage to return on home as well. Kiba stayed behind though. It had seemed if he had sensed Y/N. Y/N had remained in his spot, knowing if he moved Kiba could figure out where he was. Kiba was always smart. Y/N knew not to mess with him in a fight.

He patiently waited for the blonde swordsman to leave. He left after about fifteen minutes staring at the spot where Issei was dying. As he left, he muttered to himself.