Chapter 36: Sebastian's secret

Okay so before the chapter starts I need to say something important. If you didn't know I write at the same time I update. So sometimes I want to change something that I said in the past, well that's the case now and I wanted you to know. In Chapter 22: New York City, I say that Agnes doesn't know how to drive. Well that's a lie now, if you go back and read you'll see I changed some things there. Agnes does know how to drive she just doesn't have a car herself. (I needed that for this chapter so yeah, sorry 😅 )

Let's start now and sorry for the interruption:

-----------(...)-----------

Friday finally came with me excited because of the representation dinner. But there was something off, I hadn't seen nor heard from Sebastian since the other day after Katarina gave us the invitations. I had waited for him to say something about going and getting the clothes but still by night time he hadn't said anything. I had to send him a message that obviously got no response at all, it didn't even deliver. By 9 o'clock I was starting to get annoyed and nervous.

The only thing I could think of was about going and buying something for the both. That was probably the best idea since the shop closed sometime around 4 pm and I didn't want to be too close to the arriving time. After an hour of not getting any answer I went with my idea and rushed towards the clothing shop.

Today was more crowded than usual but I didn't really care since I knew my thing wasn't going to last very long. When a nice girl approached me with a smile I told her I needed something elegant but mature, just like Katarina had said, and the girl nodded and offered me some options.

I went with the all black theme and they packed the dress and suit I had chosen. While I was in line waiting my phone started buzzing. I widened my eyes at the name on the screen, it was Sebastian. I rolled my eyes and picked up.

"Where are you? We were supposed to get the clothes and-" I couldn't finish my ranting because he stopped me.

"I was arrested," He shortly answered.

"I'm sorry, what again?" I had to double check what he was saying because I didn't want my ear playing a game on me. "You said..." I whispered next so no one could hear me. "arrested?"

"Yes Agnes, and...I hate to ask you to do this but I knew neither Dominique or Nikolai were going to be available," He sounded low of patience. "I need you to come to Port Jefferson's police station, I don't have much time, I swear I'll explain everything once we are together,"

"Okay, okay," I mentally repeated the address until I had written it on my phone. "Anything else?" I asked but I suddenly heard silence, the line had definitely cut off. "Fuck," I groaned and everyone turned around to look at me. "Sorry," I smiled.

"Your package is ready," The girl in the cash register extended her arm and gave me the three bags with the clothes.

"Thank you so much,"

I rushed outside and ran toward the dorm. I was scared Sarah wouldn't be home yet but she was because I saw her car in the parking lot. I sighed with relief and stormed inside the dorm. She was sitting on the kitchen stool and her bowl of cereals fell to the floor when she jumped after my sudden break in.

"Dammit Agnes," She groaned and got off the stool. "You clean that now,"

"Wait!" I said out of breath. "Can you lend me your car?"

"What?" When she saw how serious I was she frowned. "Sure...you know how to drive?" I nodded. She pointed at the box besides the door where we kept the keys. "There you have them, are you okay?"