Chapter 13: Wrath

I was just going to leave when Katarina called my name from inside. I went back and saw that she was in her office with the door open. When she heard me in she signaled the chair in front of her.

"I know my decision about having Sebastian in the Gala is controversial and I won't ask you to understand it," I buffed, of course, I wasn't going to understand. "And, if you want to switch with one of the other girls you can always do that,"

I didn't answer right away, to be honest, I didn't even know what I wanted. Yes, dancing would mean a lot for my carrier but also it would be a very strict schedule I'd need to follow.

"No, I want to dance," Katarina smiled and sight in relief.

"Okay, good," We sat there, gazing at each other for a while. "I'll see you on Monday, have a good weekend," I grinned and stood up.

She followed me to the building entrance, before leaving I turned my head to hers.

"What will happen to Sebastian?" She tensed and closed her eyes tightly.

"I honestly don't know, this has never happened with him," I nodded and finally left.

(...)

When I got to the dorm it was already 10 pm. The gala was up until 8 but since the accident had happened and we had to clean the theater plus my conversation with Katarina, everything had gone a little bit forward.

Of course, Sarah was already sleeping or in bed when I got there so I had to eat something alone and then go to sleep, by myself as well. The kitchen was luckily full and I cooked some pasta.

Sitting there, eating in silence made me think of home. When my grandma used to cook for us, my grandpa would take me to the town after dinner to get ice cream and after that I'd be so tired I didn't have time for nightmares.

Of course it had been a year of therapy but the sadness I hold for my parents death never left, now it was something I was used to and thought it would always be like this. I'd be forever sad...that sounded depressing, but as I said, I had normalized it.

I emptied my plate and washed it, before I had even realized I was in my bed with pajamas ready to sleep. As quickly as I had done everything, I fell to sleep.

'It was dark, very, very dark. The moon shone from the distance and it reflected on my dirty blonde hair. I didn't know what to do but look around, it was a forest. Tall trees surrounding me, the stars were like a blanket over my head and the leaves fell from the branches. I was happy, enjoying the place too much.

Suddenly I felt someone's hand trying to bring me down, to sit. When I fought, this hands reached for my mouth. I couldn't speak or scream. I was resisting with all my strength but the more I tried to escape, the more power would the hands get.

The weight of the hands disappeared but the obligation to stay sat was still there. I noticed the nearest trees formed a circle where I was in the middle. I already knew what was about to happen before the leave started to burn.

The fire, I was seeing the fire again. My chest raised and fell, my heart trying to get away from it. The anxiety that the fire was giving me made me want to scream but again, I couldn't.

I saw my palms bleeding and the flames stopped just in front of me. Why had they stopped? Fire didn't do that. I looked around and saw more fire forming and running up to me. All flames stayed behind the others, protecting me?

I felt like dying, a pool of blood all over me, the pain was agonizing. Why couldn't I just die? why? I cried out but no sound escaped my mouth. The trees seemed to get smaller and the fire bigger.