"Lily?" Sleepy Inaaya answered after the second call. "You okay?"

"I need my clothes. That was supposed to be your responsibility." Breathe, Laila, Breathe. She hoped Allah would grant her Zen before she either cried or strangled Inaaya through the phone.

"What the hell Lily!?!?" Instead, her friend yelled loud enough for Laila to pull her phone away from her ear. "It's four in the morning I literally slept half an hour ago."

"My life is actually in hell and you want to sleep?" Laila furrowed her eyebrows, appalled at her friend's audacious reply.

"My harami kid literally kicked me probably a hundred times today. Mere uterus ko apne baap ka dance floor samjh rakha hai, lagta hai dance kiye ja rahi hai ander. So, yes I want to sleep when I can." Inaaya's exasperated words came more as a sigh. Laila almost backed off, feeling sorry for her friend, but again it was Inaaya's duty to have everything here for her. So, Laila returned to the notion where she was ready to chew Inaaya's head off.

"Well, I can't sleep because you were supposed to get my clothes and essentials for me. I don't even have a fricking toothbrush for heaven's sake." Laila huffed through gritted teeth.

"If you didn't brush your teeth one day in your life, you won't die. Also, it's not like you are going to get chummy with your husband and do the dirty any time soon. I don't see any of that happening in near future so leave me alone."

"INAAYA!" Laila almost toppled over the limit, ready to blast through her phone as she screamed. She could only pray that the walls were soundproof. "Are you serious right now? Like really? I'm suffocating in this lehenga. I'm two seconds away from jumping from this highrise if I didn't get my clothes." Laila curled her fist to stop herself from pulling her hair.

"Tauba, itna kyun marne ke liye mari jaa rahi hai. Your suitcase was sent to Asher's house, so I didn't have the time to get in all the hell that happened. No one remembered to get your stuff in all the chaos. I'll get it tomorrow. Uski thori bezti bhi karni hai. Matlab Itna harami koi ho sakta hai." Inaaya started with her low mumbles. "Matlab thori to decency-"

"INAAYA!" That's it. She was going to bang her head against the tall windows. Maybe they'd finally crack, and she'd fall out. "What am I supposed to do right now? I swear, I'm so tired.  Physically and emotionally. I don't even have clothes." A wave of that sluggish pain rolled down her body. Only if she could pull the thin blanket and sleep this day away.

"I don't know, become a star plus heroine and sleep in your lehenga. I'll have everything for you tomorrow. Bye."

Laila stared at her phone with her mouth wide open. For a second she craved the relief of throwing her phone across the room and watch it shatter, but she closed her eyes and took a long breath. If she called Malka, she'd probably worry her head off. Breathe Laila, Breathe. She rubbed her hands together to stop herself from twiddling them and let everything take away the few moments of calm.

Here she was stuck in limbo. Everything pilled around her in a mess while the sweat of the day still clung to her body. She had no means to shower, no means to clean to calm her anxiety and all she could do was twiddle her hands away. Damn it. Closing her eyes, she chanted the breathing exercise again. At this rate, she might turn into a Yoga pro by morning. And like the first crack of dawn, right then a light knock came from the door.

She contemplated between pretending she never existed and opening the door, but the anxiety pushed her. What did he want four in the morning? Her brain was far too tired to fish for more bones to pick for the night. At this point, her body was burning with the heavily embroidered outfit when she walked to the door. With a little to no strength in her she opened, only to find no one in the hallway. If he even dared to play sort of game, there would definitely be a murder happening here.