07| fitrat

Farishte Se Barh Kar Hai Insaan Ban'na,Magar Iss Mein Lagti Hai Mehnat Zyada❧❧❧

Magar Iss Mein Lagti Hai Mehnat Zyada

❧❧❧

The frigid breeze pricked her skin, she shivered. Her body locked itself as she stood on the sidewalk like a rigid statue. The few patrons on the street gave her a side-eye as they walked past her. Her boss stood there scowling at anyone who barely even glanced at them.

Laila closed her eyes once again as the acrid smell reached her nose again. She knew part of it was real but most of it was her mind. But vomiting greatly impaired her logic. She snapped her eyes open as the scene repeated in her mind. The shiver crawled down her body again. She needed to shower soon or she'd throw up again.

"Go sit in the car. I'll be right back." Ali Sir's calm voice cut through the stifling thoughts that were constricting her heart.

"The car will get dirty." She grimaced at the thought of sitting on those pristine leather seats, touching it with her mucky hands.

"Miss Lubna!" He clenched his teeth, staring at her with his ferocious dark eyes. "I swear on every single atom in this universe, if you mentioned anything related to that one more time, I'm going to take your dupatta and strangle you with it then throw you in the gutter."

"Why are you being mean?" She furrowed her eyes at him, annoyed at his anger. "This is all because of you."

"I'm being mean? me?" His jaw dropped, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I don't see anyone else here except you and your size extra-extra-large ego." She crossed her arms forgetting for a second what had happened a few minutes ago.

"You-" He was going to blast like a freaking pressure cooker. His eyes flared at her so angrily she thought he'd incinerate and poof up in a cloud of smoke. "Just go sit in the car. There are wipes and sanitizer in the center console." He huffed pulling the car door open, he pulled on her elbow, making her sit in the car. "Don't move, I'll be right back." He slammed the door, locking it, she flinched scowling at his retreating figure.

The restaurant was in the middle of the high-end sector. Surrounded by brands and money. Her gaze followed him disappearing amongst the top of the line shops along the street. 

She watched people wandering around without a care. She was slightly envious of the people strolling around that street. Envious of the fact that they could throw money at everything without a second thought. That everything was offered to them on a silver platter. That money had them in the front of lines, in top hospitals, in business class seats, and they still had the audacity to say money doesn't buy you happiness.

They should have come seen her, asked her when she was rolling on the corner of the intersection. Her hair laced with dirt and grime. No, money didn't buy you happiness, but money bought you comfort, warm bread on your dinner table, a bottle of clean water, a piece fabric to wrap around your body... and safety. These were all much more important than happiness.