02| sirf

Please do comment and vote! I really appreciate it <3

zindagī shāyad isī kā naam hai
dūriyāñ majbūriyāñ tanhā.iyāñ

Ek aur din

kabhie kabhie to usko lagta tha jaise zindagi aise he chalte chalte guzar jaye gi aur bus zindagi ki talash mein aise he dhool khati rahe gi. Kabhi Iss shehr ki hawaon se lartay lartay, aur kabhi barish ko dil he dil mein sunaate huay. Shayed do gaz ki zameen to kabhie naseeb hogi nahi, magar haan roz dhool bun ke zaroor uss se lipat jaati. Uski khuwahishein to bohat assan thi. Magar zindagi ki uss ko samajh nahi aati thi. Sab ko ek din mar ke chale jaana tha to phir yeh sab kyun. Kyun woh itna khuwar ho rahi thi sirf ek din mar jaane ke liye.

Lekin chahe kyun hi na usski khuwahishein saadha thi, phir bhi woh zindagi se mohabbat karti thi. Yahi mohabbat thi ke woh roz khuwar hone ke liye tayyar karti. Bus sirf ek saadha lekin apni khud ki banayi hui zindagi ki talabghar thi. Zindagi mein kuch bhi uska nahi tha, na hi cheezin aur na hi rishte... woh sirf apne liye kuch karna chahti thi.

She stared at the high rise building as the bipolar clouds of Islamabad had parted slightly and given way to a few stray rays of the sun as they reflected off the mirrored windows. The rush of people whirled passed her, back and forth. She stood there for a second. Something in her told her to turn around because from what it seemed like she was only going to be wasting oxygen here and inhaling the toxic fumes of rejection. But Malka had sent her with all her hope and joy. She was one person Laila could never disappoint no matter what.

She sat down on the low brick boundary wall and took off the running shoes covered in mud and shoved them in a plastic bag then put them in her bag. She wore a pair of black ballet flats to match her dress. She'd learn early on that walking in ballet flats across the town meant murdering them in cold blood especially on the day after rain.

She held her folder channeling her inner Malka she walked past people who gave her an odd stare.

"Ab Allah ne ankhein di hai to log dekhein gein na. Tum wapis dekh lo hisab barabar."

Malka's voice made her grin. She looked down to hide her grin as she entered the glass doors. She was hit right in the face with warm air. She sighed with relief. The wind had her shivering outside. She glanced around for a welcoming face but either people went past her busy in their own world or threw her an odd stare. Then there were people like her who held their portfolios and waited to be called on. Her forehead creased as she looked back at the card given to her by Malka. There was nothing on it except the address. She furrowed her eyebrows further looking around. Her eyes stopped on the board.

Hiring Event.

Her heart dropped to her stomach. Hiring Event. Laila examined the lobby. It was swarming with fresh graduates and they were dressed to the nines in their impeccable suits and dresses. She shook her head in disappointment.

Mera to yahan chance choro... list pe naam bhi nahi aayega. Matlab Zaleel karney ki bhi had hoti hai, Malka. Thora to reham kar leti!

She wanted to call Malka and yell at her for sending her in here blind, wasting another day. She took a look at the departments, trying to find the least competitive department. By nine-thirty people around her were splitting up. She watched the groups of people leaving for designated floors. There was no way she was going to be even shortlisted with any of the real positions. Neither she had a name to gloat about, nor she had a reference to fall on.