16 | dard

❝Bahut Se Dard Hain Jo Seh Raha Hoon Mere Khuda,Bahut Si Baatein Hai Jo Tujhse Akele Mein Karunga❞

Bahut Se Dard Hain Jo Seh Raha Hoon Mere Khuda,
Bahut Si Baatein Hai Jo Tujhse Akele Mein Karunga

"Acha penguin ka kya hua?" Inaaya plucked the cucumber from her eyes, that the spa lady had placed two seconds ago, and popped it in her mouth. Laila almost got nauseated at the sight, but Inaaya kept eating the cucumber as the lady repeated the act.

"Na yaad dila."Laila closed her eyes to get a few seconds of peace, but in vain. Like the whole weekend, her heart had been beating in fear, fear of getting replaced by Natasha. She huffed opening her eyes again, she started counting the dim lights on the ceiling. "Do din se neend nahi aayi replacement ya termination letter ke intezar mein."

"He hasn't kicked you out?" She opened one eye, arching her eyebrow at Laila. "I salute his patience. Jitna tera attitude hai, mein tujhe free ka bhi na rakhoon."

"Naagin. Bus to dil jalati rahe. Tumhare jaise dost to Allah kisi dushman ko bhi na de." Laila threw a dirty look Inaaya's way who kept eating the cucumbers nonchalantly.

"Aise halka na le. Itna attitude hai na ke maine apne  birth parents ko lift ni karaya aur apne liye naaye maa baap pick kar liye." Leave it to Inaaya to make a joke about her own adoption. "Koi aam insaan na samajhna, Teri behen ke peeche log marte hai. Aur baqi deewane hai mere is khoobsurat chehre ke."

"Is liye teri duty psych ward mein lagi hui hai. Aur Hopital ka morgue bhi teri he waja se hi bhara hua hai. Aise doctor se Allah bachaye. "

"Kutti!" Inaaya threw a slice of cucumber on Laila's face. "yahi yeh jo tera attitude hai. Tune sorry to bola nahi hoga." Laila stayed mum, slightly embarrassed the spa lady was enjoying their drama full on. "Haan yahi to. Nahi bola na. Tu to sorry waise bhi nahi bolti."

"Excuse me. I do."

"You say sorry when it's shallow,  just out of courtesy and manners. You run faster than a cheetah when emotions are on the plate. You have a problem saying sorry because you think saying sorry will make you vulnerable, giving space to a person to sneak through the walls you have caged yourself in. Lily, don't close off yourself to the point that you start suffocating."

It was easy for Inaaya to put Laila's shuttered life in words, but Inaaya had a whole world to protect her when she fell and shattered. Laila didn't have anyone to protect her, save for Malka. Inaaya knew what Laila had been through, but knowing and experiencing were two different things. Laila had seen humiliation, manipulation, and cruelty intimately.

Laila had known that day when she was abducted, that she was made of fragile pieces in a world that was full of stones and claws. So, she built walls and walls around her, coiling it all with barbered wire to keep her emotions locked in. There was no way she could look deep within herself without making her own hands bleed. Her emotions were in a form of hell, a hell she hardly ever descended and she wasn't going to start anytime soon.