20 | khushi

❞ ولكنْ .. على الرغم مما هُوَ
وأُسطورةِ الجَاهِ والمُسْتَوَى
أَجُوبُ عليكِ الذُرى والتلالْ
وأفتحُ عنكِ
عُيُونَ الكُوى
وأمشي .. لعلّي ذاتَ زوالْ
أراكِ ، على شُقْرةِ المُلْتَوى ❝

But, despite what it is,
And the myth of fame and stature,
I will travel peaks and hills for you,
And open up windows on you,
And carry on,
hoping that some afternoon,
I'd see you on the horizon

⎯ tumblr

She went into a complete state of numbness as he pressed the gun to her forehead

She went into a complete state of numbness as he pressed the gun to her forehead. Her eyes went wide. She could only hear her hammering heart. Her body burning as she stared into those cruel eyes. I don't want to die. Ya Allah please I don't want to die. Her heart was beating so hard she wondered it might just explode.

"I swear to God if you even touched the trigger accidentally, I will cut your throat with such perfection that you won't even feel it." Laila blinked as she heard Inaaya's word. Inaaya had her scalpel held against his throat. "But past that, you will bleed painfully. Trust me I am a surgeon, I know exactly where to cut to act like I was trying to save you, but too bad you didn't survive."

Martin's hand shook, Laila was far too deep in shock to form any words. Inaaya lightly scrapped the scalpel against his skin when he refused to put the gun down. It was as if the man was possessed with fear in a millisecond as the sweat beads formed on his forehead and he put down the gun. Inaaya still didn't let go of him.

"Stop!" Another breathless voice cut the tension. She turned her head. Her missing boss was breathlessly standing there bug-eyed staring at her. "Cou... court orders." He bent down, taking a long breath as if he had just run across the city. "Stay order from Court." He huffed handing the paper to Martin. Inaaya pushed him away, walking through the side gate.

"You okay, Lily?" Inaaya wiped the sweat away from Laila's face with her sleeve. Laila nodded as Inaaya wrapped her in a hug, but Laila's gaze was on the raven eyed man on the other side of the iron gates who appeared out of nowhere.

"What is he doing here?" Laila whispered.

"He saved the orphanage, your life, and saved me from committing a murder." Inaaya tucked her clammy hair away from her face. "I'm going to let Sister Rosalie know that the orphanage is safe, at least for now. Talk to him." Inaaya handed her a bag of chips and left her standing there. Martin left with a promise to return as he crumpled the court orders. Ali Sir walked through the side gate.

"Are you stupid? Did your brain stop working? What the fuck was that Laila?" She was too scared to bear through more anger. She turned around but he held her upper arm, pulling her towards him. "What if he pulled the trigger? Your brain splattered on the gates would have saved the orphanage?"