53 | qarz

Don't forget to comment and vote, y'all 🥺♥️

Thank you Jacklin for this ❤️ so apt and beautiful

Thank you Jacklin for this ❤️ so apt and beautiful. I cant even! (I realized I haven't been posting edits here so I'm gonna post previous ones too here as they are worth posting 😍)

━━━━━━━

Ek tu bus raha meri hasrat aur har arzoo tou puri hai
likhte likhte guzar gaya lekin daastan aaj bhi adhuri hai

Shehryar spent the night watching the moon reign over the city that was his hell and heaven. A city that fed his monsters yet it also gave him the reason to live. A city that took from him and then gave him in return some more. A city that was not letting him die, but it wasn't letting him live either. Your love is your hope. Zain's words echoed in his head along with a throbbing headache. Pinching his nose bridge, he closed his eyes. She will leave and nothing in the world will bring her back. His contacts burned as he closed his red eyes. Don't hurt her for choosing to love you. Opening his eyes, he removed the contacts, throwing them away on the table.

Blurry. Everything was blurry like the way his emotions were. Like he stood amongst the grey clouds with a bare minimum of air reaching his lungs, barely keeping him alive. One after another he lost everything in his life. First his family, then the woman he once loved, then his son, and then the purpose to live. The loss followed him like a shadow. He had been intoxicated on pain for more than a decade and now he forgot what it felt like to live without pain in his veins. His bones had been soaked in grief and he had forgotten what they would feel like when they weren't heavy with agony. In the blur of his past, he was losing his love for one woman who was like a warm ray of sunshine. A blanket on a night full of cold and hurt. She wrapped him securely in her arms whenever he was writhing in grief.

Laila.

He breathed her name and even just her name opened the chambers of his heart and he could feel the life within him. She was his person, his home. A home he wasn't willing to risk. A home he'd be lost without. He couldn't lose her. God, he loved her far too much to lose her. He was going to bring her home and nothing would stop her. What about fate though?

"I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DID THAT I WILL KIDNAP YOUR CHILD AND DISAPPEAR." Laila stared at Inaaya in pure horror with her hands on her head. Inaaya smirked at her waiting for the answer. "INAAYA AAMIR." Laila tried to reason with her, but it was like talking to a damn cow. A cow would have more sense than her best friend.

"Yes or No." Inaaya dangled Laila's laptop in her hand over a bathtub filled with cold water.

"N-" Inaaya lowered the Laptop a little more. "FINE. Fine. I'll take the day off except for one meeting. Mandatory."

"Promise me. Penguins ki sar ki qasam khao abhi ke abhi." Inaaya still held the laptop as a hostage.

"I promise on all the penguins in this world. Cross  my heart and hope to die!" Laila huffed waiting for her friend to safely bring the laptop out of the bathroom. When Inaaya did, air finally reached her lungs, saving them from suffocation. The moment that laptop was within her reach, she snatched it. "I hope there is a shortage of potatoes and they stop making your favorite chips." Laila hissed, making sure her laptop was in a safe place.