49 | adhoori

❝Tu Mukamal Mere Baghair Bhi HaiMein Kuch Bhi Nahi Tere Siwa❞

Tu Mukamal Mere Baghair Bhi Hai
Mein Kuch Bhi Nahi Tere Siwa

Laila turned and twisted in her bed. Her hand itched to turn on her phone, but she couldn't. He needed to make his decision. She couldn't be pulled and pushed like a rag doll. Love shouldn't put you through a deathly rollercoaster of anxiety where one feels like they'd spit and choke on their own heart. She couldn't risk her carefully protected heart being thrown in a blunder like this. She'd loved him, throwing caution out that damn penthouse window like a useless piece of paper. So here she was, with a heart that was half broken and if she didn't put her foot down, he'd shatter it completely.

Sleep was miles away and his touch was as alive on her skin as her breaths, whispering against her skin. The way he'd cautiously put his hand on her waist before falling into ease. Each graze of his touch was like filling those cracks in her heart with gold dust, removing darkness.  He'd silently stare into her eyes asking for permission to hold her closer, his fingers would linger a while there, savoring the feel of her skin before pulling her closer and holding her all night. There was so much vulnerability in their touch as they held each other, that sometimes a few tears would escape Laila's eyes and he would lean down kissing it away before putting her forehead against hers.

Laila groaned as she sat up, throwing her phone on the couch so she wouldn't have to touch and succumb to her treacherous heart. But holy damn penguin, she missed that messy stubborn man. She missed the way his stubble grazed against her jaw when he'd put his forehead against hers. At first something so small had brought foreign feeling, merely his stubble scraping against the smooth skin of her jaw when he would pull her in the crook of his neck. It was a distinct touch, something that became so dear and intimate to her.

She touched her jaw lost in the memory but then the flash of the previous night crossed her mind. Asmara. Laila had blocked her existence the entire evening, but how long could she ignore the storm, when it was right outside her window, threatening to tear her house apart. How long could she keep her eyes closed when the thunder kept roaring over her head? How long till the water came up to her neck and suffocated her? She couldn't allow that. She couldn't let love suffocate her. It had taken her years to learn to love, years to open the door to someone. She couldn't let his past storm her house and flood it to her neck. She wouldn't allow it. She wouldn't drown and she wouldn't let him drown. Both of them needed to stay afloat for each other and if that meant ripping open Shehryar and her own wounds to heal then so be it. She would rather bleed and heal than drown and let their hearts sink in the darkness.

No matter how damaged their way to this day was, she had found a home in the lines of his hands. Comfort in his touch and love in his heart. That one touch to his lips, her lips had found sanctuary against his. She had tasted love on his lips and found home in the cracks of his heart. In that moment everything that scarred her had faded somewhere far. In that one moment, she'd found utter and complete comfort as his hand molded against the curves of her body. She found a home and tasted love, she couldn't back down now. She'd fight for them to survive even if it meant fighting him.