51 | waada

Don't forget to comment and vote, y'all 🥺♥️

Thank you Anam for this 🥺♥️

______

Aaj bohat udaas hai dilGhair ban key he sahi par ek baar to awaaz dijiye

Her eyes had been shut through the entire ride, through all the turns and twists, through the echoes of the horns. The burn of motorcycle tires sank in her veins, even when she covered her ears and bent over. I don't want to die. Every single face that loved flashed inf front of her. Only if she could hold on to them. It stopped on his. The one she loved and the one she was at risk of losing. I need you.

"Baji," In those echoes, she heard a soft voice. "Baji, I lost them."

"Huh," Laila opened her eyes slightly. Taking in the surroundings, she slowly sat up. In her fear, she hadn't even noticed when the car had stopped, and that too in her quiet and quaint neighborhood. There was no noise except the whispers of the evening wind. For the first time in a while, air touched her lungs and she could finally breathe.

"Mein report karvane jaoon ga, aapka number de doon?" The man had been shaken too yet Laila sat there in her own daze. Blinking, she nodded, before collecting her things.

"Thank you. Thank you so much. Mere pas na to iss waqt  kehne ko kuch hai aur na he aur kuch dene ko. I'll see you later and properly thank you." Visibly shaken as well, she got out of the car and the driver was kind enough to understand. Hell, he waited for her to cross into her house before he drove off.

Laila locked the door properly before leaning against it. Suddenly, the air was far too cold, and her body started to shake and everything fell from her hands. Her legs wouldn't stop shaking. Why wouldn't they stop? She helplessly wrapped her arms around her and stood there trembling. Her legs weren't taking them to her room. So she just stared at the inner door and hoped Malka was going to come and save her like always. Hearing the thud of her bag, Malka walked out, seeing a pale Laila, she dashed towards.

"Lily." Malka wrapped her arms around Laila's paper-white face. "Laila?"

"I'm cold. It's too cold."

"Chalo."  Malka almost had to drag her to the room. Malka's own heart beat ferociously but she couldn't lose it in panic in front of Laila. Wrapping the blanket around her, Malka asked. "What happened?"

"Mujhe nahi baat karni. I just want to sleep." Laila pulled the blanket on her and turned towards the wall, closing her eyes. She needed an escape from reality and only sleep could provide that for her. Malka weighed her options, staring at Laila. The woman looked like a ghost as she lay there, but at the same time, Malka knew Laila wasn't going to tell her anything until she found her own strength again. Getting up, she fixed the blanket on Laila and went to pray nawafil for her safety.