58 | humdard

❝ Mujhe Humsafar Bhi Mila Koi
Sitam Zareef Meri Tarhan
Kay Manzilon Ka Thaka Hua
Kayi Raston Ka Luta Hua 

Shehryar put his palms on his eyes, his forehead throbbing with pain. Stuck. He was stuck in a whirlpool, everything around him was pulling him into darkness. He glanced at his wife and sighed. Inaaya had given her sedatives because he couldn't stop her from going into a panic. If Inaaya hadn't arrived in time, he'd have to take her to emergency with the way her heart was beating and she could barely breathe. Zain and Inaaya had stayed with him throughout the day, but even they looked like they could use a couple of hours of sleep so he sent them home. Now here he was lonelier than he had ever been. He hadn't realized how big of a support Laila had been. The way he could always turn to her even when they were barely on speaking terms

"Find him," Shehryar spoke after Junaid updated him after he had answered the call. Even though pain camouflaged everything in his life, still the only thing he could think about was saving his wife's name. To hell with his business, he couldn't risk losing his Rapunzel. "Martin is my clue. He is the only one who can link all this to the Saeed clan." It still hurt to say that name. Like a thorn lodged in his throat, still hurting at even the thought of that family.

"I'm on to him. I have informed all the connections I have in the department and on the streets. Give me a few days, I'll drag him out of wherever the hell he is."

"Thank you, Junaid." He genuinely was thankful. Junaid had gone above and beyond to do this for him.

"I'm sorry about Laila. I wish we had gotten him sooner." Junaid sighed on the other end.

"Regrets won't get us anywhere. At least it hasn't gotten me anywhere in the last decade. We just need to get Martin. I'm going to fuck them over so bad, Saeed won't stand on his feet again."

"Don't do something that will get you in trouble with the law."

"You can't expect me to behave after seeing what happened for a decade and now that he tried to mess with Laila. I don't give a fuck about laws. It is his turn to pay and if that means I have to burn down Saeed regional, so be it."

"Shehryar-" Junaid tried to reason, but there was nothing Shehryar could see except revenge.

"He took my child away from me, Junaid. He tried for years to suppress my business contracts. I didn't care. I knew how to pull through that, but now. He hurt the woman I'm ready to die for. I'm done losing people. It is his turn so I'll do this, the right or wrong way, whatever the hell it takes. I understand if you can't find Martin. You have done more than enough. I'm beyond thankful. If you don't want to go through with the case anymore, I understand. I'll still be your older brother like I promised to be."

"Just say that all this emotional crap was for me to call you Bhai again." Junaid groaned on the other side, Shehryar let out a soft laugh. "You'll have Martin in two days." The finality in Junaid's words meant that he'd bring the hell down to earth if he had to in order to find Martin.

Shehryar put away the phone when he heard whimpers. Quietly, he walked to her side. She was shivering and let out soft sobs in her sleep. Pulling another blanket on her, he slipped under it next to her. Her body was reacting to all that the medicine was blocking. He'd seen her sad, heartbroken, anxious, angry, but he'd never seen her hopeless. This incident was chipping away her hope, her biggest strength. Wrapping his arm around her, he pulled her closer, plastering her to his side and she held onto him even in her sleep. I will be your hope. I won't let you drown. Kissing her forehead, he grazed his other hand gently across her back, soothing her.