Alvida

❝Yeh Kahani thi Khudparasti se Ishq ke safar ki, jis mein Laila ne isko Jeena Sikhaya

Yeh Kahaani thi  Tanhai se Ishq ke safar ki, jis mein Shehryar ne iske qadmon mein puri dunia Rakh di

THE FINAL: PART 2

The Arrival

The ride to the hospital became one of the most agonizing ones of his life. Her pain became more excruciating with each passing minute despite her attempts to stay calm. He nearly shouted at the hospital staff for assistance when they arrived. He couldn't waste anymore minutes. He was desperate for anything to take her out of the pain yet he stood powerless. Only time could remove this pain.

"Just hold me." She whispered as she sensed the silent panic in his eyes. Nodding, he cradled her head in his arms and extended his comfort.

"Few more minutes. The baby is almost here," Shehryar whispered as he held her hand, while brushing aside the matted strands of hair from her with his other hand. Her eyes fluttered closed and open as she writhed in pain.

"Shehryar, the baby..." She uttered, breathless and in panic as they didn't hear the baby's cry. The absence of the expected cry alarmed Shehryar.

"Baby," Panic filled his lungs but just then he heard a wail and he hadn't heard anything more beautiful than that because that was the sound of life, of a new arrival in their world, and of hope and happiness.

Laila collapsed back in relief, all the fear and panic left her body as she breathed with calm for the first time in hours. On the other hand, It seemed as if the time had stopped for Shehryar. His gaze remained on the baby boy, the tiny life as the nurse cleaned him. Laila had been right, as she always was, he thought as he witnessed their child take his first few breaths.

After they dried, swaddled, and took the vitals of the baby, the nurse brought him to Shehryar. It was as if the clock started again as his eyes fixated on the tiny human. He had never thought he'd experience this moment again.

Every cell in his body pushed him to flee from that room because fear crawled into his bones, but he held his ground. What if I fail him? He held his hands up and the nurse put the delicate baby in his slightly shaky hands. You'll be the best father to our baby. Laila's words held him together. They became his anchor as he held his entire world in his hands. Her words chained him and Shehryar's heart swelled with wonder and love as he watched the tiny human.

"I promise to always protect you and love you." Tears flowed from his eyes as he carried him to Laila. She watched him with a tired smile and swollen eyes filled with tears. "Your baby boy is finally here."

He gently placed the little one on her chest. As if sensing his mother's warmth, the newborn squirmed and nestled on her chest. Watching the beautiful miracle Laila cried. This was her baby. Gently she held his tiny hand and her heart swelled with gratitude and overflowed with love.

"Now I know why Zain drives like a grandma when Zeeniya is in the car." Laila laughed through her tears as she watched her baby boy. An unwavering strength and determination fell like a blanket on her, she'd lay her life to protect this little penguin.

"Thank you, Rapunzel." He whispered and pressed his lips on her forehead. "I wish I could take your pain, but I can't. So thank you. Thank you for giving me the happiness I gave up on."