43 | farq

Teri Kefiyat Mere Hum Nafas Kabhi Aag Hai Kabhi Aab Hai
Tere Ikhtiyar Mein Bhi Kuch Nahi Yeh Mohabbaton Ka Azab Hai

❝Teri Kefiyat Mere Hum Nafas Kabhi Aag Hai Kabhi Aab Hai Tere Ikhtiyar Mein Bhi Kuch Nahi Yeh Mohabbaton Ka Azab Hai❞

He leaned back in his chair, staring at the sun blazing across the green of the city. She was on the other side of the town, probably laughing her day away with her friend. The laptop screen came to life, her smile was splashed across the screen. Hadiya had sent him the wedding photos. She wanted him to pick one for her family wall.

A laugh bubbled up in his throat. The photographer had caught the moment they were arguing. No one in this world could guess that Rapunzel was demanding uber fare on her walima stage. Raising his hand, he lightly caressed her silhouette in the photo. One day without her and he missed her.

That thought scared the life out of him. Two years ago when he fell in love with her, he never imagined he'd be battling with this thought. In his mind, she could never belong to him. His love would stay hidden between the corners of his heart and he'd forever keep her in his prayers. But their fates twisted and now here he was. Breathing and living fear.

Laila's closeness and the arrival of Zain's baby, both brought the old wounds to the surface. Both these people had thrown him headfirst in the cold water, leaving him to drown in the chaos. The realization had shaken him from within. That his existence came with a lot of pain. Asmara left him. He lost Wajdan because of his own miseries. He had nothing, but pain. His heart was bleeding and if he opened up to Rapunzel, she'd be stained with all his blood. She didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve to pay for his wounds. He couldn't do that to her.

His feet halted as he walked past her office. The lights were off, yet even the shadows carried her essence. God, he missed her so damn much. He'd love her as she deserved someday, purely and without any blood on his hand. Until then, he'd have to protect her, even if it meant from himself. Sighing, he left for home, at least there he could feel her presence there.

Shehryar's phone vibrated as he leaned against the elevator wall that was taking him to his home. That tone. Before he even looked, there was a small smile on his lips. The tone on his phone only belonged to one person. His Wife. His Rapunzel. Swiping the screen up, he took a sharp intake of breath. A breathtaking bundle of joy stared at him with big wandering eyes and tiny hands curled. He sucked in his breath. Oh, she was beautiful. Yet, the beauty brought all those raw memories when he had taken such photos and sent them to all his family. When tiny hands like hers had held on to him and smiled every time. When a baby like her had weighed nothing in his arms, yet he held Shehryar's entire world in his tiny hands.

Wajdan.

"Damn you, Rapunzel." His knuckles turned white around the phone as his breathing became labored. The lines on his face hardened staring at Zeeniya's photo. His mind blanked at the screen. The photo morphed in and out between Zeeniya and Wajdan.