11| darr

Dard Ki Aah Tum Na Samajh Sako Ge Kabhi,Har Dard Ka Maatam Sar e Aam Nahi Hota

Har Dard Ka Maatam Sar e Aam Nahi Hota

❧❧❧

The wind was howling outside, but the sky was cloudless. The stars were painted against the darkness as if snowflakes covered in stardust. He was long gone from the living room, finding his way to his bedroom upstairs. He left her standing in the catastrophic living room, shivering. She was fighting her thoughts. Should she leave or should she stay? Each thought was echoing within her like a strike of thunder, attacking the opposite one. Guilt was poisoning everything within her. I trust you with everything. Unintentionally, but she betrayed that trust.

She wiped the cold sweat from her forehead with the back of her hand. She couldn't leave, the least she could do was stay till the morning and make sure he didn't up dead. She wandered to the large sofa. She could easily sleep there, but it was another story that sleep was distances away. She curled her toes, her body turning rigid. I can't just sit like this. She curled her arms around herself, gripping her upper arms. She looked around the living room to distract herself. Her gaze fell on the shattered glass. She nodded at the mess but before that, she needed to pray Isha.

She remembered the washroom from the last time and found it next to the office. She made her wudu and found a corner in the living room. After She finished her prayers, sitting on the mat she stared out the window. The lights had dimmed according to their timers and were now barely illuminating the ample living room. She liked that dusky gloom. Weirdly there was a certain kind stillness that she was desperate for at that moment. She watched the horizon of Islamabad dipped in the fuzzy darkness. The nightlights were woven into the shadowy canvas like golden zari beads on a black shawl, shimmering in just the right amount of glow.

Ya Allah, Yeh maine kia kardia. Mujhe to pata bhi nahi tha ke yeh sab hoga. Ab mein kia karoon gi? Zain to us ka bhai, per mujhe kia zaroorat thi bina kuch soche samjhe kissi ki personal life mein gussne ki.

She swallowed the lump in her throat as she picked up her cardigan that she prayed on. She folded it, putting it away on the sofa. She texted Malka letting her know of her overnight stay with another text that promised her of safety along with a guarantee to explain everything in the morning. Putting her phone away, she went in search of cleaning products. After getting lost for about tenth time, she finally found it in the storage under the staircase. For someone who was a mess, he had the supply of cleaning products for the rest of the twenty floors.

When she swept the broken pieces, picking each and every one of them. Each one cleaned was like a puzzle piece of her lungs. She finally felt like she could breathe as the air reached deep in her lungs. But the guilt was whirling within her guts like a vortex. She rubbed her sternum, but the ball stayed stuck there blocking the flow of air, blocking the storm from leaving her body.

She scrubbed the floor with the mop until it was squeaky clean. It was good. She could breathe slowly. The scent of clean chemicals and disinfectants worked like medicine on her nerves. She took a trash bag, throwing all the empty cans and bottles in it. Each spot cleaner brought her back to life. She wore the gloves, spritzing the chemicals on the counter, wiping them clean, counting her breathing with each swipe across the counter.