26 | aag

تو ہی تو وہ روشنی ہے کہ جس سے میں غافل ہواجانے انجانے گناہوں سے کچھ بھی نہ حاصل ہواTu hi to wuh raushani hai kih jis se main ghaafil huwaJaane anjaane gunaahon se kuchh bhi nah haasil huwa

جانے انجانے گناہوں سے کچھ بھی نہ حاصل ہوا
Tu hi to wuh raushani hai kih jis se main ghaafil huwa
Jaane anjaane gunaahon se kuchh bhi nah haasil huwa

She leaned forward on the sink, blinking away the tears, tapping Inaaya's name on her phone with shaky fingers. Please, answer, please. No luck there. Throwing back the phone in her bag she stared at herself in the mirror as the insecurity lingered at each and every sight of her body which was slightly different from the women around her. It was to the point that She hardly recognized herself in the mirror as the reflection stared back at her listlessly. I'm not different. These were the painful howls at the tip of her tongue but she couldn't make a spectacle of herself anymore.

"Miss Laila." There was another knock. She had been stalling him for God knows how long as the formalities of the symposium probably started, even the washroom was empty now.

"Just fixing myself, few more minutes please." She leveled her voice to hideaway her anxious fumble. You're going to go like this between all of them? Her own insecurities surrounded her like a raging storm, the words burning holes into the steely confidence she so painfully developed over the harsh years of her life. They will laugh, look at you as if you are from some two centuries ago, and don't deserve to be here.

"Laila?"

Huh. She swallowed the ball formed in her throat as the temperature of her body rose, the words prickled up her arms.

"Laila, what the hell is going on? Are you okay?"

His knocks had gotten louder, but she refused to get out of there. No, she couldn't embarrass herself and him like that. Her own thoughts shredded her courage thread by thread.

"Laila!" His voice was much closer, laced with the tremble of worry. She whirled around, he was standing there, the crease on his forehead and the darkness of his eyes manifesting worry and panic. "What's wrong?" The silent steps carried him closer to her.

"Nothing." Everything is wrong. I don't know how to deal with these emotions. What do I do? She blinked as the tears burned her eyes.

"Laila." There was a warning in his tone. He read her silence. He read the extensive list of words she tried to bury in her nothing. "What's wrong, Rapunzel?" Those words were much softer, slipping through the cracks of her shattering confidence. He was merely a few feet away, standing in front of her. The faded redness of his eyes staring into her soul, looking for the roots of the pain that stirred within her.