21 | dua

Aankhein Kehti Hai Baithe Tu Mere Rubaru
Tujhko Dekhun Ibaadat Karta Rahun
Tere Sajdon Mein Dhadke Dil Yeh Mera
Meri Saanson Mein Chalta Hai Bas Ek Tu

Inaaya bit her lip and her eyes sparkled as her gaze followed the man she had intimidated multiple times. She held the glass of sparkling cider between her lips. He had somehow caught her interest. He was intimidated but not disrespectful or put off by Inaaya's strong nature. He hadn't flinched at who she was, which put her in a novel daze. In those few conversations, he hadn't mansplained to her anything or told her she was too loud or talked over her. She clinked the edge glass against her teeth as he walked to the bar area near her, unaware of her entertained gaze.

"Acha yeh to batao tum mujhse itna darte kyun ho." Her voice startled him as he whipped his head around. She bit her lip to stop herself from laughing.

"Aap!" He greeted her with the utmost respect before thanking the bartender for the glass of iced water. "Aisa to kuch nahi hai." He took a sip from his glass, more like a gulp. Inaaya looked away to hide her amusement. "Aap thori na koi scalpel mafia ho." He put his glass back on the bar.

"haan woh to sirf hospital mein use karne k liye hai." Inaaya shrugged, he raised his eyebrows at her. "Kya?"

"Kuch nahi." He went back to his glass of water.

"Acha choro yeh batao tumhari koi wife waghaira no nahi?" Inaaya fully turned towards him and the poor guy choked on water. Inaaya wasn't the one to flirt with another woman's man so she made sure the coast was clear before she went marching in.

"Jee?" He coughed a little. "Uh No." He wiped his mouth carefully as his ears and face turned red.

"Fiancee?" He shook his head, his coal-black eyes stared back at her in confusion. "Girlfriend?" He shook his head again, nervously fixing the end of his suit jacket. "Mashkua? Nakaam mohabbat? pupho ki beti? bachpan ka pyar?" His answer was another no. Inaaya tilted her head to the side, scrunching her brows as she scanned him from head to toe. He was one hell of an attractive man with eyes dark like the bottom of the oceans, hair that matched the moonless midnight sky, and the suit fitted across the plains of his body perfectly. "Bachpan ki mangni to hogi hi hogi."

"Woh bhi nahi, Maharani Saheba." He faced her too seemingly enjoying her guessing game. He put his elbow on the bar, leaning on his side. There was just a small smile but still filled with nervousness.

"Phir to tum paka psychopath ho." Inaaya's shoulder's slumped as she failed in her guesses.

"For the record, Sclapel se aap logon ko threaten karti hai mai nahi." His eyes danced with amusement.

"Woh to mujhe ghussa aajata hai to pata nahi scalpel nikal jaata hai kahin se. Aaj nahi hai. Jo bolna hai bol do." She drowned the sparkling cider down her throat.

"Patients pe bhi?"

"Sirf tharki patients pe. Baqi everyone loves me." Inaaya's eyes had pure sparkle of pride and he sucked in his breath at the sight of it.

"Everyone?"

"Haan jee." She turned her head high, smiling.

"I can see why."

/////

Laila stood there stunned, watching his tall frame disappear down the grand staircase. The faded warmth of his lips still lingering on her forehead. Mein roz tumhare liye dua karta. She touched her forehead. Her fingers barely touching the spot where his lips had been pressed softly. What the hell just happened? She stayed for long minutes waiting for his return, but he never showed, leaving her to stew in emotions she never had the courage to touch. She curled her hand, clutching it against her chest as if trying to stop her heart from beating so fast.