#14 We're Not Stars Tonight

I think this update will give you a notification. Not sure about the others. Anyway, just wanted to say I have updated(as in edited) the parts of the story. That's it... go to the first chapter and read all over again to understand the story better. Once you've done, enjoy this chapter! ^^ ~Liz

The cover you're seeing now is made by me, but @PrincessOfSpades283 made one for me as well ^^ the dimensions weren't right so.. Do check out her story 'Rocks at my window' :) She'll update faster with more reads :p I want her to update faster do me this favour please? xD Omg long author's note. Enjoy!

#14 We're Not Stars Tonight

"Liz, Annabelle's party is tonight, are you coming?" Joey asked me as she tossed her burrito into her mouth.

"Ew that was gross, Jo. Swallow before you eat." I commented as I faked disgust. I was no better, but it was rather unsightly to see it. I think I probably influenced her to do that, she was rather glamorous all the time before she became friends with me.

"Man up, Liz. This isn't any party, she's the head cheerleader!" Joey looked like she was going to talk sense into me desperately but I just don't get her point. So what if she's the head cheerleader? Does that make other parties less interesting? Anyway, there was no way I was going to attend her party.

"You do know what she did to Richard right? You do remember what she did to me right?" I shot her questions for her to question her own actions. This is so ironic, just because she's the head cheerleader her mistakes are tolerable. The world is so fair.

Joey remained silent for a while, probably in her reflective thoughts. She looked at the table for a while before she opened her mouth to say, "I really hope you would go,"

"Who are you going with anyway? Bryson?" I asked, quickly directing the attention. I was almost certain it was Bryson.

And then she nodded, in shock. She was shocked that I knew who she was going with.

"It didn't require a genius to know though," I smirked.

**

The rest of the day passed in a blur. There was no club today, and we were all released early. Party's at 7, that is the time I would probably be alone at home watching old and clichéd drama series on my television, if I'm lucky mom would be home to cook, if not I would have to do it myself. I sighed at the thought, what a boring night.

Is Richard going? Oh yeah, I haven't got a chance to ask him. He wouldn't, right? After Annabelle had caused him all the hurt...

I walked towards the car park to meet Richard. He was my ride and I wanted to ask him that as well. I saw Richard leaning against his car texting once I walked near enough, I proceeded forward to greet him.

I was going straight to the question, since I am kind of certain he wouldn't be going. If he was staying home we could have our usual movie nights and perhaps he'll help me with the cooking.

"Are you going?" I asked, little impatiently.

"What?" I think he didn't expect me to ask him that just after greeting him, not even asking him how his day was, or whatever.

"Party, her party." I put my emphasis on the word 'her'. I hoped he understood what I meant, that I'm not too happy that it was his party.

Much to my astonishment, he nodded in reply. I mean seriously? I'm not going mainly because of him and now he's going? How had he forgotten the hurt? It's not that he broke up with her for ages.

"Umm?" I made an irrelevant sound, wanting him to give the answer again because it's still unbelievable that he's going.

"I broke up with Annabelle, doesn't mean I don't face her anymore. After all she's still the head cheerleader." Richard sighed as he said. Seriously? So I was right? People tolerate her actions, no matter what they are.

I guessed he read my thoughts, because next he continued, "you won't understand, Liz."

"Oh of course not if you wouldn't explain." I retorted critically, I really wanted to know what this boy meant.

"I need you to go with me," he requested to my astonishment.

Now what...?

"If I explained, would you go with me?" Richard negotiated. I shook my head violently; I really didn't want to go. Then I nodded my head; I still wanted to know the reason. It probably isn't as easy as people being amazingly tolerable. I'm still kind of certain Richard isn't like the others. Well, Joey, she's been a party animal since forever.

"I'll consider." I told him giving him the note of finality. This time I'm going to heed the advice of whomever who said curiosity killed the cat, as much as I want to know...

"I know I broke up with her, but I still need to show her that I'm doing great without her! So I needed to go and I need a date. I don't want her to think I've still been wallowing in my self- pity since she broke up with me, Beth. If I didn't go she will think I still couldn't get over it, you know?" Richard bombarded my puny brain with a whole chunk of sense that I couldn't understand.

"So, your date is me?" I tried to sort everything out. He nodded reply.

What do I do now?

"Liz you gotta help me," Richard begged. I guessed he really minded it.

And what does the 'it' refer to? It was pride, his stupid oh-so significant pride. I was planning on helping him already; perhaps the fact that I was going as Richard's date would spite Annabelle a little? The wishful thought flickered across my mind.

"Liz?" Richard nudged. He must have felt confused about the silence.

"Fine, but you owe me one." I bargained. I wasn't going to help him so easily. As I thought of it, I smiled thoughtfully to myself.

And so I went home with Richard's car, entered my boring room swiftly. I walked towards my wardrobe and opened it. It was boring enough.

Plain white tees, hoodies, shorts, jeans, jackets, tees, a few dresses. Whatever, it was not that I cared about how I looked. If I cared, I wouldn't have dressed sloppily in front of hundreds to see. I picked up a hoodie and short shorts to wear. Annabelle, that's the best I give. I texted Joey, telling her that I was going to the party; I knew it would be rather weird for her to see me at the party. I expected if I didn't, she would be throwing questions at me like she always does. I didn't want that to happen. She texted a ':)' back as though she has won the battle.

Richard picked me up at 6:30. He either expected me not to put in much effort in dressing, or he just wanted the casual look. He had a tee and jeans on. Anyway he looked good. We only had to reach on time, no honourably late. We're not the stars tonight. In fact I had no idea who would come, but either way it wouldn't be me.

And that was exactly why; I'm heading towards 10 Roseway Lane, now.

Kind of ironic, but Song Of The Day is Stars Tonight by Lady Antebellum!

It' s a pretty catchy song! Sorry for my limited song choices :p I'm more towards Country :)