#24 No Going Back

Hi to the people who loves drama! I'm dedicating this chapter to @toocrazyforyou even though I dedicated it once xD She's such a dear I was grinning like an idiot when I saw the comments! "Comments do wonders"  alright! x)  

#24 No Going Back

I wrote the letter as truthfully as possible, I haven’t done this.

 I took out a nice-looking envelope, wanting to fold this and put it in. That was when my phone buzzed on the table.

It reads: Kelly Dawson sent you a message.

I wondered how Kelly got my number. I would never have entrusted my number with a delinquent like her. In the end I concluded since she was so popular she could get whatever she wanted. Then I was reminded of the fact that Richard went to school early to fetch information about Bryson. I’m not sure if his infatuation started then, because it all seemed to make sense. Being a possessive person he tried me shut me away from any guy that took interest in me. To think I was so insensitive I didn’t realize any of them. I didn’t understand any of his acts and even called him a ‘stupid egocentric jerk’. I was starting to miss his over-protectiveness now. Back to the days when he still wanted to protect me… look at us now.

With the trust that I had for Richard, I ignored the message. I wasn’t ready to hand the letter to Richard, I might get locked outside. He might not allow me to enter; I was preparing to pass it to him the second day, by the lockers.

The whole night was uneventful. I kept thinking of the moment I pass him the letter, maybe he would get really excited. Maybe he would tear the piece of paper right in front me and then tossed it in my face. I didn’t know what his reaction was going to be, at the same time I didn’t know what to expect as well. Whatever it is, it’s worth a try. Richard’s worth it.

Even so, I didn’t expect to see that before my eyes. I was sitting alone in my room. Of course, no one was here with me. It was like the perfect reflection of how exactly I felt lately. Emptiness and loneliness, only those. There wasn’t even anything that could cheer me up now. Because I knew in that moment, there was no going back. It happened. He moved on, it was my turn. Come to your senses! You’re so stupid, Elizabeth. The sensible inner voice reminded me again. I mocked at my stupidity again. I was so naïve. Again. I didn’t seem to catch the hints he’s been throwing previously, now I finally do. I skipped school totally; I didn’t attend any single class. I couldn’t face them, I just couldn’t. Not after they did that. Right before my very eyes.

I was holding on to the envelope. I was all prepared to hand the envelope containing all my thoughts to him, bracing myself for any type of reaction he would give me. Waiting by the lockers for his arrival, he entered sight. He walked towards me. I wasn’t near his lockers then, I was at mine. I was just going to show up, shove him the envelope without saying anything. Then stand a distance away. Whatever his reaction was going to be, leave that to the end. Standing at his locker means explaining why I was there which was awkward because I haven’t talked to him for quite some time.

What irked me was not only was he walking towards me, so was Kelly. They were walking side by side; chit chatting like no one else was beside. He didn’t seem to have noticed me, but I knew he would throw me one of those stares again. I didn’t need to be a prophet to predict that. I wondered if he did that to other people. I wondered if he had changed his signature move, or every time he sees me it just brings him to a glum mood. Maybe it was the recollection of the painful rejection. Maybe it was his pride playing tricks again.

Kelly was laughing and giggling at his side, even after noticing my existence. She wrapped her arm against his arm after noticing. It wasn’t hard to understand it was a deliberate move. I felt livid, red with jealousy. I guessed it wasn’t the right time. I kept the envelope safely in my bag, still furiously mad. I was going to watch what Kelly has got, but I had never expected that to unfurl.