#1 Pillow Fight

This chapter is dedicated to my awesome senior who inspired me to write!~ 

@toocrazyforyou Her books are awesome yet undiscovered go and read them!

Anyway, major disclaimer: You are reading Elizabeth's thoughts. Her statements do not reflect my beliefs so don't get offended! Anyway if you do see any errors point them out! I'll be more than happy to edit them. :) 

#1 Pillow Fight 

I stretched out my hand to reach for the chips on the table.

Just a little more... Got It! Having the bagful of chips in my hand, I put my hand into the bag and took one potato chip out. Omnomnom.

Oh hey, I’m Elizabeth Watson. Welcome to my life, with my bag of chips.

“Ping!” There’s a message. It says, ‘Pick you up later at 5,” from Richard. Oh you must be wondering who Richard is. He stays near me, okay more than near actually. He stays next door. But seriously, there was no need for a message. I could hear him if he was to shout from there.

Yeah, I’m not going to reply him! I’m just going to shout across to prove my point.

“Got it!” I shouted at the top of my lungs at the half-opened window.

“Elizabeth! Do not shout across like this! Etiquette, etiquette!” My mother yelled from the kitchen. Ironic huh, but the living room wasn’t too far from the kitchen, to be honest.

Pressing the home button to check the time, it reads 4:33. “Enough time.” I mumbled under my breath.

Finally getting on my feet after rotting on the heavenly comfortable for god knows how long, I took the stairs up to my room to get clothes to bathe.

Entering the room, I abruptly picked a tee and worn-out jeans. Right, I’m terrible at this fashion kind of thing.

**

Richard horned impatiently at the strike of 5. By then I was tumbling down the steps, saying “Coming! I’m coming!” You’re right; I’m also much of a klutz.

I hopped on the car immediately, and headed for the nearest shopping mall in town, in Richard’s car.

On the ride, he did not talk at all. Giving me a glum face, I can’t help but to feel annoyed at his sudden change of behaviour, just an hour ago and now.

As we entered the shopping mall, he lagged behind me, lifelessly. “What’s up with you dude?” I asked. Of course, there was no answer.

Now he’s irking me. He doesn’t even bother responding. I walked back to him and dragged him forward; trying to make him pay more attention, walk faster. “Man, at least give me a response!” I scolded.

“Okay,” was all he said.  

“Hey! That’s Bread and Butter!”

“Okay."

“Look! This grey dress here looks exquisite!”

“Okay.”

“Hey! Look at this-”

“Okay."

I am so pissed at him. Is that all he can say? If mom hadn’t made me get a new outfit for Auntie Jane’s wedding dinner with him, I would never have wanted to go out shopping with him when he’s so glum. See what I mean. He’s not even helping in choosing my outfit. How constructive can “Okay." be? Ugh.

We were walking past ‘Charles and Keith’ when a pair of elegant shoes caught my eye. It was a pair of flats that might look ordinary to other shoppers but somehow I just couldn’t take my eyes off it. It had a huge grey ribbon that was on it, hand-made stuff. I picked it up, looked at the price. I was about to gape when, he said, “Eh what are you waiting for, the sun to set?”