#11 Being Selected

• Dedicated to OPPA C.H. STYLE

Almost typed Being Elected.. which sounded kind of scary to me. Does it to you? 

By the way ignore the whatsoever tags you see. I didn't bother changing them as I update the chapters I don't know their uses anyway, enjoy ;) 

#11 Being Selected

"You're selected! You're selected!" Richard's cheers of joy notified me. 

“You’ve known it earlier, didn’t you?” I questioned, sceptically. He was one of the judges, surely he did.

He nodded. “Did you help me with it?” I asked again. I didn’t believe it. See, Joey didn’t believe it either.

Then he nodded, once again. My face turned crestfallen. I hated this feeling.

I hated this feeling of someone having to help me with what I do.

“I’m joking, dear.” He added with a smile. “It was all yours.”

I can’t believe the fact a plain me could get selected. What about Kelly and Vanessa? Surely they did. I sighed; I didn’t want to be related to them in any single way.

“Kelly? Vanessa? Annabelle?” I shot, even though I am rather certain Kelly and Vanessa would get selected. But for Annabelle, I wasn’t so sure. I did not see her outside the waiting room.

“Kelly and Vanessa got selected. Annabelle didn’t go for it. If she wanted to go for the photo-shoot she could’ve done it, with her parents’ close terms with related companies.” He explained. Yes, Annabelle isn’t going to be there, but Kelly and Vanessa...

I frowned a little, not liking the fact that they were selected. Hearing it from Richard still felt a little uneasy even though I should have known.

“The photo-shoot will be alright. I’ll look out for you.” Richard assured. I guessed he thought I was tensed and worried about not knowing what to do.

I nodded, never mind him being oblivious. Not like they would kill me or something.

Once I walked back to Joey, her expression turned from a tinge of mockery and some unexplainable, or should I say, everlasting hyperactivity, to slight amusement, and wordless excitement. Yes, I can definitely tell what's she's going through right now. Her face was showing it all. 

All of a sudden, I realized something. Joey made me walk there! I was selected but she faked! And now she's amused because I fell into her trick. If not for all that has been going through my head for the past... two minutes, I would have remembered distinctly. 

"You lied!" I exclaimed loudly, trying to feign annoyance. I'll have to say, I wasn't good at acting at all. Not if I was trying to lie to the person who probably knows me best.

"Cut it out, E-Liza-Beth." She pronounced my full name slowly in a joking manner, to indicate that she disregarded my act, because it looked totally unconvincing. Can't she be a little cooperative and act as though she was convinced? I sighed. Maybe.. Let's just say it was not my forte. 

"Didn't you like the feeling of seeing your name on the board personally instead of knowing it from me?" Joey's voice trailed off... Leaving me to ponder.. I don't react swiftly either.. Haha. What she said does make some sense...

"Oh right!" I finally answered, like I've just managed to understand the hardest theory in the world. Wait, how did those philosophical thoughts go through my brain then? Brain, you better explain yourself! Wait a second... But I didn't even see it with my own eyes!

"But I didn't even see it personally!" I exclaimed loudly, like I was a little girl, arguing because she was given one less lollipop. 

"Please. Who knew about your sudden change of plans? You were holding you-know-who's hand and looked so engrossed in thinking. Then you unexpectedly let go, then stood there like a dummy. Totally predictable, Liz." Joey argued back. 

Joey, if you knew the illogical, nonsensical, train of thoughts going through my head, you would have done the same. Okay, I'm not sure if you will do the same, but at least you'll understand my abnormal behavior better. 

“But-” I tried to argue back.

"Hi." A voice greeted from the back. "Good to see you!" Joey greeted enthusiastically. As usual, she's still so hyperactive. 

As I turned around, I realized Bryson, the newcomer, was the newcomer again. Ironic, right? 

"We're going to be late," Richard commented. Is that all he could think of when someone just joined us?

Glancing at my phone, I realized we were really going to be late! Five more minutes, before we're late. Without hesitation, I sprinted at full speed to my homeroom, not even bothering if Joey was to walk me there. There really wasn't any time to spare! Did I mention I hated running? I didn’t want to get scolded though.

"Hey! Wait up!" Bryson called out frantically from the back. Oh crap I forget we belong to the same homeroom! He doesn’t know why I am running because he hasn’t been able to experience Miss Taylor shouting at us for being late.

Slowing down, I waited for 2 seconds before he caught up. That boy was fast! Anyhow, after he caught up with me, we ran towards homeroom together. 

In the end we stepped into homeroom right before the bell ring. What a lucky escape.

I had a good sleep in calculus lesson. Yeah. Besides being the ‘scoldsyouliketheendoftheworldosaurus’, Miss Taylor is also known as the "Walking sleeping pill". However she did not really turn back to check on us. Trust me, almost all of the students fell asleep, except the extremely hardworking ones. In cheerleaders’ words, the small portion of nerd extraordinaire. Also, she might be oblivious. I might not be among the hardworking ones, but every single time I make an effort not to fall asleep. It didn't help that she was teaching calculus. The most boring subject, in my opinion though. 

Richard shared a class with me for calculus. You're asking me if he fell asleep. Of course! But I was worse. I slept the whole lesson, he barely slept. However, I bet with you 10 bucks nothing got into his head. He was a star player plus star student after all. He didn't need lessons. He was only wasting his time here. 

For the last 5 minutes, I have been staring at the clock. Yay! 4 minutes left. I mentally cheered. Thereafter, I stared at the clock again. Kyle, the guy sitting beside me, started to say, "Thought we no longer played games like this. Time would not pass faster even if you keep staring at it, girl." Gosh! He didn't know my name! Some busybody you've got there. 

Annoyed, I stared at him. He totally left me speechless.

The bell rung just then. Richard walked up to me and said, "Hey, so did you understand the equation Miss Taylor mentioned just now?" 

Okay, I'll take my sentence back, he did listen.