#6 Demanded Explanations

Comment the font you use to view my story on your phone! Haha let's see who actually uses the same as me.

#6 Demanded Explanations

“Rise and shine!” I woke up in the morning. I wasn’t quite a morning person, but I was excited about the selection today. I know I’m not going to be selected. Okay, maybe with the help of the one-shoulder dress I might be. Hahaha, in my dreams, I mocked at myself for thinking about it.

 After bathing, I looked at the mirror. Looking into the mirror, I realized that my hair was now straighter. My long blonde hair cascaded down my back. I looked gorgeous! I thought to myself. Oh no I’m turning into an egotistical person… Wait. Why the hell am I talking to myself? I must be crazy. Anyhow, I applied mascara, a thicker layer of foundation, and some fake lashes. I also applied my favourite tangerine lip gloss and some eyeliner.

 I was good to go.

 “Bye Mom!” I bid farewell as I walked up to Richard’s car. What would he say when he sees me like this? I wondered.

“Wow. All dressed up for today’s selection?” Richard asked, smirking, and poking me in the rib.

“How’d you know?” I asked, in disbelief. Was it so easy to figure out?

“They were talking about it yesterday during lunch.” He stated, roaming his eyes around me again. Was that called eye-raping? I chuckled at the thought. Wait what? Did I just see him checking me out? God..

“Take a picture, it lasts longer.” I smirked. I mean, I got to feel a little confident right? Our golden boy is checking me out…for the second time this week.

"Look, we're here." Richard announced as he drove into the carpark.

As I arrived at the school, I could tell that the kids hanging out outside before class started were all talking about me, since they were all shooting glares at me, pointing at me and whispering to one another.

I waited till Richard parked his car and took a few breaths before taking my belongings, ready to get out of Richard's car. Then, I opened the door and stepped out of car. Just as I took a few steps down, I sighted some guy in front of me.

“Hey there, are you new here?” he asked smirking. He was obviously an 'in-crowd' guy by the looks of him. He had dirty blonde hair, and his tee showed a little of his chest.  If I remembered correctly he was from football team.. Did I look so different? I merely paid more attention to my image…

“I’m Elizabeth. As in Elizabeth Watson.” I smirked back. This is interesting. Maybe if I paid more attention I would get a boyfriend after all.

"You sure, because you look so gorgeous I would have definitely remembered you." he commented, flirtily. 

I laughed softly at his statement, "Oh is-"  

“Ahem.” Richard cleared his throat from the back, before I could complete my sentence.

“Back off, Gabe. She’s my girlfriend.” He continued. What the hell? Why is Richard being so overprotective? A little flirting won’t hurt. Furthermore, I’m not his girlfriend. This statement may cause guys to think that I’m unavailable. What the heck was wrong with him?

I rolled my eyes at Richard. Flustered, I stormed off. He certainly owed me an explanation. But I would get things sorted out after school. I walked down the hall, ignoring the gazes from the others.

“Joey!” I shrieked as she entered my sight. “Lizzy!” she squealed back.

Walking towards her, I decided to suppress my anger for a bit.  I needed to smile naturally later during the selection. Selection was after English, which was the first lesson of the day. Then I would have to skip gym just for the selection. Great! I never liked gym.