#5 Judgmental till Revelation

This chapter is dedicated to a friend, Rachel who introduced me to awesome wattpad <3

 #5 Judgmental till Revelation

I put the pencil dress I bought yesterday on. Also, Joey’s ‘cream’ has seemed to take effect. Maybe it was helpful after all. I applied a little mascara, some lip gloss and a thin layer of foundation and then I was good to go. I know to girly girls this might not even be considered as make up, but to me it was enough to make me feel a little plastic.

When I’m done, I spotted Joey’s convertible in the driveway. I slipped on black pumps and sauntered out of my house. I was embracing myself for a new day.

Shortly after, we reached the car park. From my peripheral view, I could see Bryson heading towards the car. “Enjoy your day, girl.” I heard Joey said.

Getting out of the car, Bryson began walking towards me.           

“Hey. Are you Richard Hudson’s girlfriend?” he asked, snoopily.

Why would he ask? Maybe because he was new. He just wanted to know about the gossips?

“We’re good friends.” I answered truthfully. 

“Good,” Bryson said, strangely.

Suddenly, I remembered my promise with Joey. After much hesitation, I decided to him about the kiss.

“Hey uh.. why did you kiss me yesterday?”

“I kissed you because…I like you, and you look exceptionally gorgeous today.” He admitted, sheepishly.

Wow. We have only met twice and Bryson says he likes me? This is probably a lie. Besides, I know very well I am unattractive and boring. I do not belong to the ‘in-crowd’, unlike him. This isn’t how it works right? Jocks match with cheerleaders and teased nerds. Although he was a newcomer, he was instantly accepted into the crowd of jocks and cheerleaders. Or rather, he was accepted into the group of pretty faces.

“And why..? Yesterday was the first time I met you.” I questioned, seemingly probing.

“Actually, do you know who Catherine is? I mean, Catherine Mcrrick.” he asked, “She’s actually my cousin. She talked a lot about you, about how well you write, how modest you were…things like that.”

I gaped in disbelief. I know Catherine as a junior who liked the things I wrote. I never knew she viewed me so highly. Just because I was in newspaper club, I published many of my essays in the school’s magazine.  One night, she sent a friend request to me on Facebook and I accepted it because I knew she was in this school as well. Interestingly, whenever I have any of my works published on the magazine, she would Facebook message me some encouraging words and motivate me to continue writing.

“Um…and then?” I pressed further.

“I read all your works. I mean, I really love it! I transferred here because I knew I had to meet you before you graduate and go to college. I have seen a few of your photos. You really look prettier in person. Sorry about the kiss… I just can’t help it… I really admired you.” He explained, with a tone full of remorse.

“Wow.” was all I said. Way to go, Elizabeth Watson. A boy just told you his heartfelt confession, and all you could say is ‘Wow’? All of a sudden, I just wanted to tell myself, I am an idiot. Unprepared at all, I felt my cheeks burn. No one had confessed to me like this.

I mentally told myself.

“In fact, yesterday, I wanted to give you a love letter. I know it’s kind of old school, but I loved it that way. I know I was kind of being a jerk in Miss Taylor’s class. But I just wanted you to think I was hot and so you would turn up. When you didn’t turn up, I felt desolate.” He continued, with distinct melancholy.