Confessions

Set in where Merlin helps Morgana escape when Uther finds out she has magic.

"Go!" Merlin's urgent yell brought her out of her trance. (She was staring into Merlin's eyes, but you don't need to know that.) "If you stay another second, Arthur and the guards will find you!" Arthur. He didn't want to hunt her, but Uther demanded it. After all, every bit of Magic must die. Morgana stared back into Merlin's blue eye's, urgent and solemn. Something didn't fit. Merlin knew all the passageways. All the routes the guards took. Her eye's widening, she remembered the druid boy Merlin saved. "Your-your-you did this before." Merlin looked her in the eye, and sighed. "Yes. I help people with magic. Now hurry." Pulling her along, Merlin checked both ways. Morgana didn't want to leave just yet. Holding onto the curtain, she stubbornly asked, "Why?" Merlin looked back at her holding the fabric. With a sigh, his eyes turned golden, and the curtain turned to dust. Morgana gasped. "Wha-you-how?" Using her confusion, Merlin pulled her along. "I can't go with you." Merlin said, silencing Morgana's question. "I have a duty here. I-" "Need to prance after Arthur." Morgana said trying to keep up with him. "No, I have a destiny to help and protect Arthur rule Camelot, and hopefully  get Albion to exist." "Albion?" "A place where magic is free." Morgana could see it now. Merlin by Arthur's side, Gwen as queen (It was obvious Arthur and Gwen where soulmates.) and the citizens in the streets below. But she was not there. "I can't go." Morgana yelled to him. "Why not?" "Because... Because I-I love you." Merlin paused near the gates, and turned. They could hear the yelling of the guards. They found the curtain. Merlin pushed her to the gate. "I love you too." Morgana stared, feeling lightweight. "Run. Run far away. Don't come back. Only when Albion rises." "What about you? Won't Uther find you out?" Merlin just smirked. "No one suspects a servant." With that, he pushed Morgana out the gate. "Goodbye." Morgana ran from the guards, crying. Because Uther was king, she had to run.

Pausing in the forest, pausing in the street, both witch and warlock looked back tears watering in there eyes, hoping for the day she could return. Hoping for the love they never had.