ⁱⁿᵗᵉʳⁿᵉᵗ ᵇᵉˢᵗ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: you and Tubbo are internet best friends and meet for the first time.

request: yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

living halfway around the world from your best friend sucked. but never seeing them in person sucked more. Toby also known as Tubbo has been your best friend for almost four years. you met back in 2016 on Mineplex back when it was super popular.

he messaged you asking for your skype during a game of bridges. (this was my favorite game ever) and you agreed being the naive twelve year old you were not even thinking that it could be a creepy old man you were talking to. luckily it wasn't only a little Tubbo.

for the first few months, you two mostly played minecraft together and only spoke during that time. but as you grew older and went into high school you started to rely on each other more. calling almost every day on facetime a huge upgrade from skype and it's sucky connection.

when he started his youtube channel you were always super supportive of him and encouraging him whenever he felt down or unmotivated. you even helped him edit some of his videos when he got super stressed out. when he started to stream you would join him and talking to him while he played random games.

although the two of you had been super close friends for a very long time you have never met in person. mostly due to the fact that you both were extremely young and didn't have an income source to book tickets and don't even mention your parents. they were super against the idea of you flying across the world to meet who they saw as a complete stranger.

but what they didn't know was that you started saving up for a plane ticket almost a year ago when you got your first job. Toby's birthday was in a few weeks and you were planning on surprising him. after begging your parents for weeks and doing all your chores plus extra they finally agreed to let you go.

the day of your flight you were super nervous. nobody knew you were flying in except for Toby's mom as you've spoken to her quite a few times over the past couple of years. she was kind enough to pick you up from the airport and let you stay in the spare bedroom at her house instead of booking a hotel room alone.

after passing through security and sending your bag through its check-in process you sent Toby a goodnight text knowing it was pretty late over in Britain. you purposely booked a flight during the time he was asleep so he wouldn't suspect anything. a long thirteen house flight later you finally landed in London.

passing through immigration you stopped in the bathroom to change into a clean pair of clothes to rid yourself of most germs. then you met Toby's mom at the baggage claim greeting her with a quick hug. and the two of you made your way back the car. "are you nervous?" his mom asked with a slight giggle taking her eyes off the road for a quick second noticing you shaking your leg. "a bit but i'll be alright" you responded.

pulling up to the house a half hour later you grabbed you suitcase of out the trunk and made your way inside quietly following Toby's mom. she directed you to the spare bathroom and bedroom for you to freshen up before meeting Toby as it was around six am currently. after your shower his mom told you that you could go wake up him and surprise him.

nervously you agreed and made your way to his bedroom slowly. opening the door quietly and making sure to shut it behind you, you walked closer to his bed. his brown hair sprawled out on his pillow and his duvet messed up surrounding him.

gently tapping his shoulder and whispering "Toby wake up." he let out a groan before rolling over. after poking him a few more times and repeating his name his eyes finally opened. "y/n?" he mumbled sleepily before sitting up and shouting "y/n?" he reached forward and pulled you on top of him hugging you closely to his chest.

"I can't believe you're here. how? what?" he spoke quickly. "happy birthday dummy" you softly giggled squeezing him together. the rest of the morning was spent with the two of you in his bed cuddling and laughing at the most random things. it was perfect.

794 words

i'm actually pretty proud at how this came out. thank you for the request!

wrote this at like 1am trying to fall asleep but couldn't cuz my brothers were screaming.

unedited.

written on 10.23.2020