Ė”įµ’įµ›įµ‰Ź³įµ‡įµ’Źø

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: inspired by the song "Emily" by Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Culter - Dream's POV/third person POV

request: nope but angst

warnings: toxic relationship

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And the worst of it all, I still believe in you

And these nightmares we've kept

In the heat of it all, I made an enemy

Put our demons to rest"

the nonstop arguing and fighting was getting old, the two of you always fought and broke up but always found your way back together again. too scared to be lonely I guess, the familiar feeling of each other too comforting to let go although you both knew that it was time to move on.

your relationship was anything but great, but the love was there although it was slowly fading away, at least on her side. it was starting to imprint a series of bad thoughts in your head, that lead to nightmares. nightmares that show the toxicity of the relationship the two of you have.

with the nightmares fueling the fire it seems like the two of you became enemies, strangers sharing the same bed every night. lovers to enemies funny, thought it was supposed to be the other way around. demons stuck in your head, demons that plagued your mind and you couldnt get rid of. it was time to put them to rest, but could you? even after everything you still believed in her, in the two of you together.

"So I'll swallow my pride and fall in line

And you can just say that "everything's fine"

But we both know that's not enough"

Dream was madly in love with you. he never doubted that for a second, but he always doubted your love for him. mentioning it to you was another story, it always created more tension that led to even more fighting and stress.

he'll swallow his pride and pretend everything is alright. just so you could be happy and tell everyone that your relationship was fine when things were on the rocks. fake smiles and fake laughs how far could that get you? how long before someone starts questioning it?

"So I'll promise you I'll be the best thing for us

Then I'll fight with your friends and I'll trash your apartment

I'll lie to you screaming, "I'd die for you"

Knowing how hard it'll be to get back where we started

In Paris you asked me if I was afraid that wе'd fall out of love"

I promise I'll be the best for you. those are words Dream vividly remembers telling you during your Paris trip. the trip the two of you took for your three year anniversary the trip, back when things were happier and healthier between the two of you.

he promised that he'd never fall out of love with you and he kept his promise. he never fell out of love with you, but the toxic ways of your relationship. you once asked him if he'd die for you, he answered with no hesitation saying he would. but if you asked him now? he'd give you the same answer, but only this time he'd be lying.

"And in spite of it all, you'rе still my everything

When we're nothing at all

Come to think of it all, you are the centerpiece

Around which I revolve

So I'll bury the hurt and wait my turn

And we can pretend that people unlearn

When we both know it's not enough"

you were the key piece in Clays heart. the piece that held him together and you were fading away. even if the two of you were nothing, like you now are. you were his everything, the center piece to his world. he lived for you.

but the two of you were apart once again and you werent getting back together. he would just hide the pain. go on with his life as normal. pretend that the two of you never existed even if that killed him, he would unlearn you. although deep down he knew that he'd go running back to you the minute you asked for another chance. no matter how hard he tried to stay away it was never enough, he'd always go back.

"So I'll promise you I'll be the best thing for us

Then I'll fight with your friends and I'll trash your apartment

I'll lie to you screaming, "I'd die for you"

Knowing how hard it'll be to get back where we started

In Paris you asked me if I was afraid that we'd fall out of love

Would that be okay, Emily?"

I know I promised I'd be the best thing for you. But I dont know how true that promise would hold. Im trying my best to love you, to savor our moments together, forget the bad and only remember the good. I'm trying to remember how we used to be.

I wish we could go back to the way it was when I told you that I'd die for you and meant it. Back to when we were in Paris, madly in love. when I told you I'd never fall out of love with you, when I promised to love you forever, back when I meant it.

I'd scream that I love you room rooftops to see you smile. I'd argue with your friends. I would do anything, to go back to how we once were, back how we started innocent teenagers in love. I think I broke our promise y/n. I fell out of love no matter how hard I tried to convince myself that I loved you.

but you want to know what hurts more? you fell out of love with me many many months ago. I tried to save us. all my efforts failed and Im sorry I didn't do more to stop this from happening. three years of bad and good memories gone. I miss how we once were. but I guess its time to let you go now.

take care y/n.

find someone new who will love you better than I will, and more importantly who you love truly, not me who you just found comfort in.

sincerely

Dream, formerly known as Loverboy

1054 words

that was kinda sad huh?

i'm a such sucker for angst and i love this song so much.

written on 03.09.2021