ᵇᵘⁿ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵛᵉⁿ

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: you tell your boyfriend Nick that you're pregnant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you were currently staring at the three positive pregnancy tests sitting on your counter. you didn't know how to react. you were pregnant and having a baby was not in the plans for you and Nick. you two were both still really young not even in your twenties and only in your first year of college.

you had no clue who to tell first your mom or Nick. sliding down the bathroom wall into a sitting position. hugging your knees to your chest and taking a deep breath. you couldn't understand how you were pregnant the two of you were always super careful using condoms and with you being on birth control.

reaching for your phone with a shaky hand you opened your text messages with your boyfriend and sent him a text asking if you could go over telling him you had something super important to tell him. setting your phone down not waiting for a response you grabbed the tests and shoved them into your hoodie pocket before making your way back to your bedroom.

grabbing your keys and wallet you walked
to the parking garage. getting into your car you buckled up and checked your phone to see if Nick replied and he sent a simple message saying "are you okay what's wrong? come over." not bothering to reply you wiped your cheeks to rid them of the leftover tears and started the fifteen minute drive to his apartment.

reaching his apartment you opened the door using the key he gave you when he first moved in a few months ago. walking into the apartment you put your keys down and went to go find Nick. knocking on the door of his office hearing a soft "come in" you opened the door. noticing that he wasn't streaming or in a call you spoke "Nick babe we need to talk."

tears were already making their way down your cheeks again which immediately worried Nick. "baby? why are you crying what's wrong?" he stood up from his gaming chair making a beeline to the doorway where you stood pulling you into a tight hug rubbing the back of your head.

unable to speak you pulled away from the hug and took the pregnancy test out of your hoodie pocket and shoved it into Nicks hand. closing your eyes worried for his reaction. hearing his breath hitch and he spoke softly "are you sure?" and when you nodded your head he took you into his arms.

"baby listen to me, I know we didn't plan this but we can do this. we can figure this out." he spoke shakily. tears in his eyes. looking up at him you softly muttered "i'm so sorry". Nick spoke immediately "no it's not your fault. it's on both of us. it's okay." he wiped your tears.

a few hours later you were both laying in his bed and you were listening to Nick ramble "i'm so excited, i'm going to be a dad. I can't wait. wait you need a doctors appointment we need to call the doctor tomorrow. to make sure you and our baby are alright. oh my god I need to tell my parents. and Clay, George, and Bad! they're gonna be uncles! they'll be so excited." the whole time he spoke he had his hand resting on your stomach gently rubbing circles with his thumb.

593 words

part 2? that mentions him telling the boys, first kicks, doctor appointments etc.

updates have been kinda fast these few days bc i actually like the stuff i'm writing now. normally i have to rewrite stuff a million times or i just throw the whole idea away.

unedited

written on 10.13.2020