ᵗᵒᵘᵍʰ ᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

summary: you miss your mom and your boyfriend tries to comfort you.

warnings: kinda sad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it was around nine am when you woke up tangled in the end you shared with your boyfriend Nick. Nick was sprawled out across the bed hogging most of the blanket letting out soft snores. smiling at the sight of your boyfriend sleeping peacefully. quietly you started to get out of bed heading to the bathroom down the hallway.

looking at yourself in the mirror taking a deep breath trying to make yourself feel better as you woke up a bit feeling down. you could already tell that today was not going to be your day. brushing your teeth and quickly using the bathroom you headed to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

gathering the ingredients you needed to make your favorite breakfast and begin humming softly. while cooking you realized that you were feeling so down was because you miss your mom. your mom raised for you the first few years of your life but lost custody when her battle with drugs got too tough. and it ended with your grandma raising you. no matter how grateful you were for your grandma you missed you mom.

lost in your thoughts you didn't notice your boyfriend enter the kitchen. he stood behind you and wrapped his arms around you softly muttering "good morning baby" turning around looking at him hugging him and greeting him.

he immediately noticed that you were acting off. reaching behind you turning off the stove then pulling you to the living room to sit on the couch. asking "what's wrong y/n/n?"

you knew that he wouldn't leave you alone until your told him why you were upset. opening up you said "I miss my mom, I texted her and she told me she'd get back to me but didn't and I saw she was active and it hurts that she doesn't wanna talk to me you know? I guess she doesn't miss me as much as I miss her" a team slid down your face and you tried to wipe it away but more came immediately after. (me currently crying writing this cuz this is what i'm going through rn lol)

Nick immediately pulled you into his arms rubbing your back trying to soothe you. telling you "maybe your mom made peace with it you know? she may miss you but she probably doesn't wanna drag you down. she's not handling it in the best way possible but maybe this is her way of coping. she misses you and loves you even if she doesn't always show it. (i used my best friends advice that she just gave me)

feeling a bit better but you stayed in your boyfriends arms letting him hold you because that's where you felt safe and content. you felt as if he could protect you from anything bad going on in the world. Nick knew he'd try his best to keep you from harms way even if it was your own emotions making you sad.

557 words

kinda short but this is exactly how i'm feeling rn i'm listening to music trying to make myself feel better before going to sleep.

i'm also posting this cuz thursday i won't be able to post so here's an extra update.

unedited.

written: 9.29.20