Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Two

Instead of sleeping I stared at a wall. All night. I couldn't sleep, when I closed my eyes Sophie was there with her puffy sad eyes. I hated myself for putting her through this. I mean if I wasn't stupid enough to be mad at her we could've worked as a team or something.

I let out a groan and tried to close my eyes again. Maybe I could sleep if I just thought of happy memories? I thought of all the good times I've had with Sophie, with Jack with my brother even and finally started to drift into a peaceful sleep. But again just as I started to get somewhere something woke me up. Or rather someone.

The door slammed open and so did my eyes. At first I thought it was Sophie and almost jumped up and hugged her, until I saw red. Vivian stood in front of me with a small smile. She reminded me of a snake looking at a mouse. This snake was going to starve though if it thought it could eat me.

Vivian motioned for people to come in the door, "This is the chief, we call her Cook."

"How original." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up and eat." She growled, passing me the food that Cook handed her.

"What's wrong with it?" I cocked an eyebrow at it.

"Nothing. Starve if you want." She smirked waving Cook away.

Cook closed the door behind her and I placed my food on the floor. Vivian moved closer to me and I in turn stepped back until I couldn't anymore. She smiled again, stepping gentally over my food.

"Have you talked to Sophie?" She asked.

"How would I?" I retorted.

"Mind link?" She tried.

"No." I sighed moving down the wall away from her.

Vivian stopped following me and stood there. She was obviously lost in some sort of thought. I thought of an escape or something but someone still stood at the door. I hate her so much.

"Fuck!" I jumped back, she was suddenly right beside me.

"How am I to get your mate here if I can't dangle you like bait?" She thought out loud.

I rolled my eyes, "Let me go and fight your own god damn battles?"

"No," She smiled, "I have a better plan."

She pushed me back again until I was in the far corner of the room, finally trapped with no where to go. She grabbed my chin and forced me to look at her gross face. Before I could pull myself away, she kissed me. A full on lip to lip, gross, disgusting, puke-worthy kiss.

I pushed her away from me, "What the fuck is wrong with you!? You dirty-"

She laughed cutting out my swears, "That is exactly what I expected."

I raised my eyebrows at her, jesus she's fucking insane! What the hell is going on in her little messed up mind? She walked out of my room and slammed the door closed, I could hear her laugh as she walked down the hall. I shook my head and sat down beside my food. If she ever does that again I swear I will kill her. But then would Sophie be mad that she didn't get to finish her own enemy off? God girls are confusing.

Looking down at my food to try to forget about what just happened I saw that I had mashed potatosa and a nice steak. My stomach growled and I picked up the water bottle on the side of the tray and took a drink, swishing it around in my mouth I spit it out across the room. That should get rid of the taste of Vivian. Satisfied I started shovling the food into my mouth, who knows when I'll get fed again, so I probably should ssave some but I was already starved.

Once I was done I laid down across the cold floor and closed my eyes. Finally I started to sleep again.

I don't know how long I slept for but it was glorious. Before I woke I was in the peaceful place between dream and life, it was almost enough to make me forget about the world around me.

"Is he awake yet?" Someone whispered, sounded like a little girl.

My eyes snapped open and I nearly jumped out of my skin. Crouching on the ground I looked up to see people behind bars, bars that weren't there before. It was like they added on a jail cell while I slept.

"I think so." The shadow of a man grunted back as he leaned against a far wall.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"She t-rapped us in h-ere." Someone else stuttered.

"How come I never saw you before?" I asked.

"You moved the wall when you slept." The little girl whispered again.

"What's your name?" I asked her, walking towards the cage and crouching so I was the same height as her.

"Jessica." She smiled.

I stood back up again, why'd that sound familiar? Well, besides the fact that there's thousands of other Jessica's. There was something weird about this one. I examined the rest of the cage, finding only three other shadows with her. The man against the wall, a woman on the ground and a man trying to comfort the girl. But even the little girl herself was half shadow. It was hard to make out any details, I couldn't see her face only her mouth and her purple plaid dress with white tights. The other people where mysteries too.

Somehow I wasn't angry at these people for not showing themselves, I know they will. In some crazy messed up way, I just know.

"What about the rest of you? Names?" I called over to the others.

"Why would we tell you?" The leaning man walked over to stand beside the girl. He was easily as tall as me maybe even the same weight. He wore black skinny jeans and converse, with a black hoodie and the hood pulled up.

"So I can call you something." I stated.

"Randall," he pointed to the girl, "C," he pointed to the man trying to comfort her, "Hugh."

"Okay, why are you here?" I sat down outside the cage.

"You'll figure that out." Randall almost smiled, going back to lean against the wall.

"Promise you won't let her get us." The little girl grabbed my shoulder.

I shivered under her touch, she was freezing, "Promise." I nodded

I sat with my back to the cage and let them sleep as I kept watch, I don't know how I opened the wall to find them but I was glad I did. At least I'm not alone anymore.