Dark Side- Chapter Thirty Eight

The girls clothes even fit nicely. She had a baseball cap, a leather jacket and a pair of brown skinny jeans. I slipped them on quickly then walked back inside. No one even cared as I walked through the halls with my backpack and knives hidden now in these pants. Fortunately I even picked up more weapons from her pockets.

The inside of this place was disgusting, it reeked of abandonment, which I guess kind of fit the bill. The halls were spiderweb infested, dusty mess' that went on for far to long. There were no windows, only small little holes in the roof that let sunlight create puddles on the floor. I tried to follow the feel of Ian. It was faint but it was something to hold onto.

A few people- or I guess 'co-workers' nodded my way or stopped me to talk. I all told them the same thing, Vivian had told me to go get the prisoner. They all seemed to except this, apparently the girl who was now a bloody mess in a bush was kind of close to Vivian. I smiled on the inside, how perfect.

Finally I found a row of make-shift cages. The first few were empty and in horrible condition. The bars were rusted and the ceilings falling apart. I wanted to run to the cell door when I saw it, I wanted to scream Ian's name and skip down the hall to him. I wanted a perfect movie moment. Instead I came face-to-face with a big bulky guard. He stared down at my baseball cap as I was staring at his feet. He reeked of something fierce. Like he hadn't showered in days. Finally I looked up at him, he gave a little smirk.

"Why are you here?" He asked me going back to the door.

"Vivian sent me to get the prisoner." I explained.

He didn't say anything so I moved towards the door, going for the handle I stopped as went to grab my wrist. I stepped back with my hand against my chest, I didn't want him touching me at all.

"Why'd she send you?" He wondered, tilting his head a little.

"I'm good with keeping control over the prisoner." I offered grimly, looking at the door, but at the same time moving my hand to grip the knife in my back pocket.

"Really?" He laughed.

I nodded shortly and went to go grab the door but again he stopped me, this time he caught my wrist. I drew my eyebrows in and frowned at it. Then turned my frown on him. He looked me up and down slowly and creepily. I felt like I was on an observation table. I looked away from his face and swallowed, focusing on the sweat stains under his armpits instead. I know to well what's going to happen next. One creepy look always leads to other creepy things.

Sure enough as I looked back at his face he bent my hand back, folding it behind my back and using it to pull me into him. The hand on my knife tightened it's grip as he pressed his gross, slimy lips against mine. I pursed my lips, ew. In one smooth moment I pulled out the knife, pushing it into his rib cage. He gasped and I could breathe again as he fell to the floor.

I spat on him, "I hope you drown in your own blood."

My emotions have been shot ever since being human again too. I knew it wasn't a rational thing to do. He coughed as I walked back to the cell door. Pulling down on the handle I pushed it open quickly, then smoothly moved inside. On the floor was my mate. Ian was laying spread out his legs twisted oddly. I stared at his face. Eyes closed, lips parted, breathing slow and steady. He was faking. I chuckled a little as I knelled down beside his face. I couldn't help but feel my stomach lurch as I leaned over him. God, he was gorgeous. For a second I forgot anything bad he did, any fights any insults. In that second I kissed him.

He jerked to life as his lips moved with mine, I smiled at him pulling away.

"Good morning." He smiled, his hand resting on my cheek.

"We're getting out of here." I told him, pulling him up as I stood.

Then we stood there, just staring at each other. His hands intertwined into mine. His smile, my smile. He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tight. Not tight enough to crush me, but tight enough to pull me against him comfortably. He rested his chin on the crook of my neck, smelling my scent.

His head moved to my ear, "You're human." He stated. I nodded, breathing heavily, " You're perfect." He laughed.

I shivered as his breath danced on my neck. I pulled out of the hug and lead him to the door. I grabbed the handle, going to pull it open and- it stuck. I pulled it harder. It was locked! Fuck me! Ian wrapped his hands around the handle too, it didn't even budge as he thrashed back and forth.

"Fuck." He breathed.

I walked to the back of the room slamming myself onto the ground. After all of this? Just my fucking luck! I pulled the small bag off my back and sat it in front of me. Pulling out one of the blood bags I slowly sucked on it, feeling younger by every drop.

"I thought you were human?" Ian said as he sat down beside me.

"If I'm going to stay this age I need to drink blood still for awhile." I explained quietly.

"What happens if you don't?"

"Certain death." I nodded.

I finished bag after bag, until finally I was full. At least five empty bags laid before us and Ian looked disgusted. I tried not to care but surely it hurt a little. He stared at the door and I know we were both thinking the same. How the hell do we get out?