Dark Side- Chapter Six

My feet decided to move without consent from the rest of my body. They stormed forward, and when my arms caught up my hand flung out to grasp Brian's wrist.  Brian stopped and went rigid; the fist I caught was just inches above Darrin's face.

"Back down." I growled, trying to sound calm but the anger slipped into my voice making me sound more like a killer then a concerned sister.

"Make me. I don't care anymore. What you say, you're not my leader you're my sister. You can't control my Chryson!" He yelled back.

He spun as he shouted, pulling his hand forward and just skimming Darrin's cheek. I was pulled along for the ride, almost colliding with my other brother but he moved at a lightning speed, leaving a carpet for me to face plant on. I ripped my arm away and caught my balance just before I fell, while cringing at the sound of my real name.  A sudden anger ripped through me. If Brian really wanted me to make him stop, to kick his ass one more time, then fine wish granted.  He lunged at me and I let him pin me to the ground. His biggest weakness was his enormous head, if he thought he was winning he was easy to beat. I grabbed him by the shoulders and kicked him in the stomach with the legs that were bunched up in-between our bodies. He flipped over my head and landed on his back with his head beside mine. He didn't get up right away and I could tell he was shocked; it’s been a while since we fought. In less than a second I was on his stomach pushing my knee into his abdomen and twisting his left arm until it snapped. Brian yelled out a series of curse words, he wasn't in real pain but it is annoying when someone breaks your bones a lot.

I moved down to his legs, snapping his right leg like I did the arm. I heard him put his arm back in place and I stood, giving him a chance to give up and heal.  Unfortunately, being a big headed jerk and all he only snapped his leg back and jumped onto my back.  I let out a hiss of frustration, he just didn't give up! Grabbing the arms he had wrapped around my neck, I ran backwards slamming him into the wall. I spun and pressed my arm to his neck, I could choke him if I applied the right strength. It wouldn't kill him but it'd knock him out. I smirked at him as I pinned him to the wall.

He pushed back at me and I tried to keep a far distance from his flailing limbs. His mate has made him weak, venerable and he knew it. He tried to punch me in the face and I returned the favour by punching him twice and breaking his nose as I did.

"I will always have power over you, got it?" I snarled and he shook his head up and down vigorously,

"Good, next time not in the house, no fighting in the house. You are going to fix all this." I finished and he nodded again.

I dropped my arm and turned to find Darrin and Dianne in the far corner holding each other tight. Darrin has seen me fight a billion times but hates it and Dianne would do anything just to hug him so it wasn't surprising. Dianne looked impressed but scared, she didn't see the violent side of me often and sure as heck hated it, but she claimed to get used to it after the first time. Darrin was holding back a smile, he was mostly happy it wasn't him getting beat.

"It's never hugs in this house is it?" He smirked

"I think I just remembered why I don't come over here often." Dianne mumbled with a teasing smile.

Shaking my head at them both, I turned around again to check on my victim. Brian was lying on the beige carpet on his back with his arms folded across his chest. He was taking deep breaths and I waited until his fangs were almost non-existent. Then I made my way to the couch and carefully pushed it back in place- I hadn't even realized it moved- as I sat down and waited for him to talk. Sure, I could've forced him to talk, but Brian is one of my only remaining family.

He looked at me with eyes full of remorse, "I'm sorry. I lost control, didn't mean a thing I said."

"You wanna tell me what happened?" I asked cautiously.