46. Push away

Heather P.O.V

I drove my Eldorado to my parking spot in the indoor parking area of my building. The bouquet of Golden dandelions accompanied my driving from the studio to here.

When the Interscope receptionist knocked on the door of the studio where I was working and showed up with the huge bouquet I had to snatch the flower from her arms before Jason could reach for the note.

"Who's sending you flowers?" - he had asked arching his eyebrow at me while I throw the note in my back pocket.

"Probably just fans." - I had shrugged putting the flowers down on the couch.

"I'll tell the reception to send them back then." - Had Jason suggested giving me a sideways glare.

"Flowers won't kill me, Jason. It's okay!"

As I finally pushed the button of my floor and the elevator door slid closed I bring back the note from my pocket and read it.

"I want to remind you, that you are the gold in my life."

A smile danced on my lips as I read the words again and again just like I have been doing with the other notes he sends with the flowers.

As I push open the front door of my apartment I throw my bag on the sofa and go to the kitchen to find a container to place the bouquet somewhere near the other 3 bouquets.

Since the rumors of him being married hit the news Marshall has been sending me flowers and notes to somehow brighten my day. And it works for a brief moment but then his name all over the news reminds me of the reason why it doesn't feel right

His supposed marriage is not being talked about as much as the fact that he might be abusive towards his wife. And they were picking his lyrics apart to prove a point. More than once I've found myself shouting to the TV about all the nonsense things they were making up about him.

I had already settled down on my couch with a bowl of strawberry salad with the groceries Marshall had stuffed my fridge with when the lock of my front door went off. I check the watch and raise my eyebrow when I see how early it is. He had just texted me that we couldn't meet me after the studio session to go at Dre's because Jimmy was up to his behind for that single.

He looks exhausting when he finally comes face to face with me but a smile shows up on his face.

"Hey baby!" - he slowly walks towards me and leans down. His lips slightly touch my forehead in a kiss while his hand grabs on my jaw  I miss his mouth.

"Hey, I thought you'd be in the studio longer." - I look up at him, he seems tense like he needs to sleep and I want to hold him tight.

"I need to take a shower, someone is throwing a party and I have to go," - he pauses while searching his pockets "apparently."

Oh, a party more important than being in the studio and working on his single.

"Who is throwing a party?" - I ask following his hands bringing out his wallet, keys, and his phone. I am usually invited to whoever party it is. But I am not aware of a party going on tonight.

"I have no idea. Dre wanted me to show up, so I guess it's someone important." - I narrow my eyes at him. Someone important and I'm not aware?

His phone starts ringing just before he is about to leave it on the table next to his wallet. I try to read his facial expression when he catches a glimpse of who was calling, but Marshall is a master at keeping straight faces.

He grabbed the phone and didn't answer until he was locked in the bathroom. He has been doing that a lot lately. Not answering his phone in my presence. Or maybe he has been doing that since before but I just started to notice. Anyway, I wish I wasn't aware of it because it's making me go crazy lately.