35. Unconditional

Marshall P.O.V

I noticed her tears roll down from her closed eyes and it felt like a needle just went through my body. I was not expecting this kind of reaction when I was seconds from bursting inside of her. I thought she would be happy about fucking with condoms off since it was something she has been thinking of, even though it concerned me of a possible pregnancy which would cause a huge mess.

I hugged her. I also thought a hug would calm her but it did the complete opposite. She broke down naked in my arms.

"Baby what's wrong?" - I whisper as she keeps her eyes closed and curls up in my chest. It feels like I am holding pain in my arms. Her small body moving with the sobs is painful even for my don't give a fuck self.

"Baby talk to me!" - Trying to comfort I hug her tighter. I am not sure if I want to know though. I am not sure if I can handle what she has to say and what's exactly making her cry in the middle of a sexual act.

"It hurts!" - she says through sobs. Fuck me!

"What hurts? Baby look at me." - I really want it to be some physical pain from me being too rough on her. So I can send her to the hospital and doctors can fix it.

"Wanting to have you, it hurts!" - she finally opens her eyes. The sadness comes piercing from them. Her hand goes over my short hair to the back of my head. I've never seen her eyes so lost, the damn tears spilling down her beautiful face. I find myself trying to wipe them out because just then I understand Heather sobbing makes me feel strongly helpless.

"You have me, I'm right here." She shakes her head, her thumb brushing the nape of my neck and her lower lip shivers.

"You know what I mean!" - her tears drop on the sheets in the small gap between us. And I know what she means. Deep down she knows she doesn't have me the way she is letting me know I have her. Her eyes wander around my face and when I don't speak she bites her lip hard to stop it from shivering but the muscle of her chin trembles like a naked motherfucker in the snow. Heather presses her forehead on my collarbone to hide. Now her tears soaking my chest.

"Baby don't cry!" - I whisper not knowing what to say exactly. I'm not good at knowing what to say when someone cries because of sadness. Kim usually cries because of anger and I know how to handle that but this one...? I reach for her lips to kiss them in an attempt to calm her down. It doesn't work. I take a deep breath before I start talking again.

"What I told you about Christina... Is true." - it's not, but she looks like she needs a push to trust me and if me talking to her will keep Heather from crying and do the trick I'm going to be a lying motherfucker and do so. "She wanted to know if it was true I am with you so I was reminding her that me and her are done and it's none of her business who I'm seeing."

Heather snuffles finally looking up. I wipe the tears from her beautiful face again and her trembling hand grabs my wrist then slides up my forearm smoothly. If only I could soothe her just by touching her arm.

"Yeah?"

"Yes, baby. I would never want to see these beautiful eyes of yours cry because of me. I would tear myself down if I knew I'm the cause of your pain, of you being hurt." - I whisper to her, looking her right in the eyes. It's true. I feel like an asshole for being the reason for her tears and pain. I want to pull my soul from my mouth and smack the shit out of it. But I can't do that. The only thing I can do is to prevent her from finding the truth and hurt her any more so lying sounds like a quick and not really messy solution to me.

"I never run to someone else when we argue and I never will. It's not an option for me. It won't make things any better." - She finally stops crying. "And it hurts me knowing you think of me like that."