13. Don't call me

I wake up by my phone ringtone. I check my watch before I grab the phone and growl when I see how early it is. I take the phone and answer while covering my head with the sheets.

"Hello!" - I don't mean to sound sleepy but it comes out like that while I stretch my arms over my head.

"Hi beautiful." - I don't recognize the voice, so I bring the phone away from my ear to check the number. Not familiar with it either.

"Who's this?" - I ask kindly. I expected Justin to call so we could plan what we could do today.

"Don't you remember me?" - I try to figure out who's voice sounds like that.

"I'm so sorry, I don't..."

"How could you do this to me?" - I uncover my head and frown a little when he yelps.

"What did I do?" - I start to panic. "I can fix a meeting with my manager if there is anything I..." - I start to mumble fast getting up from my bed.

"Manager? I don't want to meet with fuckin' Jason. You did this to me." - the person is crying. I swear if anyone fired anyone I will fire everyone responsible.

"Can you please tell me your name." - I try to relax the person.

"You don't even know my name." - he whines.

"I'm so sorry, I lost my old phone and don't have your..."

"Oh my god, Heather don't be fuckin' around with me. Don't call me a motherfucker..."

"I didn't!" - Is this a prank? Where are the cameras? - "Who are you?!"

"I'm Ken!" - he sounds frustrated- "you are supposed to know my name even in your sleep."

"I think you have the wrong number I don't know... "

"This is Heather right? Sweet little Heather! I know it's you, don't play games with me."

"I don't know anyone named Ken."

"This is Ken Kaniff from Connecticut how don't you know me?" - this doesn't ring any bell in my head. I have no idea who this person is. "When you... don't play games with me... I...."

"Sir, listen." - I interrupt when it seems he can't form a full sentence.

"You didn't think I knew, did you?"

"Sir. I'm so sorry your name doesn't ring a bell for me. And I apologize if I disrespected you in some kind of way but I will hang up, okay?" - Laughing starts cracking from the person on the other side.

"Yo baby, how can you be so gentle with everyone but me?" - now I know this voice. I know this voice from last night when he called to ask where I was having dinner. I know this voice for when I called him several times after he mentioned my father.

"Oh thank God. I thought my phone number leaked somewhere..." - I confess putting my hand over my chest relived and return to bed. I was too scared to care that he was pranking me.

"Was you sleeping?"

"I was." - I say tangling myself in the sheets and yawn.

"I'm not used to this time zone and these motherfuckers are still sleeping from last night so..."

"You decided to wake me up?" - I finish his sentence.

"I told you, you are my priority, always, about anything." - he says and I laugh at his irony.

"I feel special."

"You should! Are you going to be at the studios today?" -he asks.

"No. I'm off today and you woke me up real early in an off day." - I scold him.